Chapter 30 Never Thought it'd Come to This Point

Isablee's P.O.V.

"You've been looking in that mirror for 6 minutes, are you okay?" Stevie asked, concern filling her large eyes.

"I'm fine," I assured her, "I just never thought it would come to this point."

"You're going to look beautiful in the queens crown Isa." I chuckled, and a knock on the door signaled it was time for positions to be reached for the coronation.

Séan and Kyler were waiting for Stevie and I outside, both linking arms with us respectively. "Ready to go Madame Queen?" Séan teased, starting down the hall.

"Madame? What am I 50 years? And I'm not queen yet, there's still time for a chandelier to come crashing down on my head."

"There's still time you know." Séan replied, glancing up at the ridiculously large crystal chandeliers above us.

"Don't give me that hope,"

Time skip 30 minutes:

Pacing back and forth, my traditional blue coronation gown was kicking up little bits of dust all around. The doors opened as the archbishop announced my name. 

Walking down between the 2 peers of pews, not taking my eyes off of the archbishop's hands. Even as I heard Séan's quite wolf-whistle. I flipped him off, careful to keep my hand tight to my waist, inside the layers of tulle- but I knew he knew what I was doing.

"Do you, Isablee Ash-" and I stopped listening. ". . . as long as you shall reign?"

"I do, I promise, and I will."

"Do you, Isab-" and I stopped listening again. The two orbs- white poppy's surrounded in clear glass (one of my fathers brilliant ideas)- I was holding were getting heavy. ". . . as long as you shall reign?"

"I do, I promise, and I will."

"Then I happily present you, Isablee CoCorial, to the land of Orantulle. And people of Orantulle, I present to you, your new queen. I turned to all of the people in the room with me, smiling my biggest. 

I was happy. Which made me confused. I never thought it'd come to this point- where I was happy during my coronation. 

I laughed a little, closing my eyes for a second in the moment. The room was full of the sound of hands hitting each other. People started whooping, and I handed the orbs back to the archbishop. 

Séan walked up to me, offering me his arm- which I took- and we started walking out to the big balcony. The doors to the balcony opened, and I grabbed Séan's arms a little tighter. Séan whispered something to me but I didn't hear it.

The blasting of 6 trumpets from 2 different balcony's was the first thing to greet us. At least before the sound of around a thousand of Orantulles 200,000 citizens- that was all that could fit in the castles courtyard. 

Seth announced me, and I waved at all of them, smiling brightly still. Looking over the crowd, I recognized quite a few of the people from the nearest of the about 250 villages all thought the kingdom. This made me happy, being able to recognize some of the common folk. I want to get to know more of them.

"My queen, how do you feel?" Seth asked leaning over to be able to whisper at me.

"Wonderful," I replied. And I wasn't lying.

Later that night:

The open window in my bedroom blew frozen air towards me. I shivered, pulling my blanket tighter around me.

knock knock knock 

I looked up from where I had been again writing in my journal, to tell whomever it was outside to come in. The door creaking slightly, Séan stepped into view. 

"Hallo Séan," I said unsurely, the look on his face diminishing the initial excitement I'd felt.

"Привет Isablee," he replied, shutting and locking the door behind him. It was just us in the room- Stevie had gotten into the habit of sharing a large bedroom with Kyler at night. "You never answered my question."

"Ooh. My apologies, what was the question? I don't think I heard you properly."

"It's alright love, you were quite caught up in the moment of your coronation. I only asked if we could chat later."

"Of course we can." I shut my journal, and waved him over. Screwing the top on my ink I offered to chat now if he'd like. Séan plopped on the edge of my bed, moving a hand through his light hair.

"Alright, I've been thinking for a while now about that ring I put on your finger." My heart skipped a beat in fear.

"You aren't going to ask for it back right? Because the answer is no, I-I-"

"No no no no no no," he replied chuckling, "I love you, that's never in doubt. Well, it's about that- well, kind of. I-"

"Just say it. It's just you and me here, Stevie moved in with Kyler, Seth lives on the grounds with his 7 rabbits, it's just you and me."

"Isablee I have some problems with my bedroom."

"Ooh, I can have someone get yo-"

"замолчи Isablee," Séan muttered chuckling, and picking up my hand. "Let me finish stumbling through this."

-Eliza