Chapter 18 Training

Go ahead and play :)

Miaread's P.O.V.

"1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3. And 1, 2, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3." I was trying to teach the Hunters to waltz. Which clearly, they've never done McCoy and I were partners, trying to knock some rhythm into them to little avail. I shook my head, and sighed as they all ran into each other.

Everyone had had their toes stepped on at least four times.

"Alright alright alright. Stop, please." I insisted, recoiling at how hard Fred stomped on Talbotts toe.

"Do that one more time and find out what happens." Talbott threatened in a whisper.

"Talbott, no." McCoy tried to reason, but only earned a dirty look.

"Drop it, all of you." I turned my head to look at the closest thing we had to a leader. "Damien, do you have any kind of instrument? Any kind at all?"

Damien nodded. "We've collected a few over the years."

I turned back to face my partner. "McCoy, know how to play anything?"

With the help of a piccolo, a drum, and 3 more days of patience all of the Hunters could dance their appropriate parts. I blew piccolo, McCoy played drum, and the others were twirling around the yard.

Next however, came the dances of Orantulle they would be expected to know. We only taught them 2. 'The Hól og dalur' and 'The ljósum'.

We all knew how to fight with either knives, or similar small weapons. For example, I'd been learning civers since I was 8, Fred was skilled with cutters, and Tyrone with skews.

Then came the alterations needed to hide these weapons in the dressings, but they needed to be easily accessible, non detectable, and not damaging to the clothing when revealed. This of course meant a good bit of sewing and cutting for Maggie and I.

Next came proper manners. Utensil names, and uses, how a meal is served,

"The menu is as follows: hors d'oeuvre, soup, appetizer, salad, main course dessert, and mignardise." I started, ticking them off on my fingers as I went.

"What's an Or-deerve?" Ace asked, butchering the pronunciation of the French word.

"This is going to take a while."

I left McCoy to help the other men with whatever it was they needed to be taught, and started to help Maggie.

"These," I said, pulling out a pair of 7 turrent tall heels (6 inches, or 10.5 centimeters) "are the shoes you'll be wearing.

"I've never walked in anything like this before.' She replied, inching away from the white coloured things.

"That's why I'm here, to teach you. It'll be fun, you'll see. You latch on rather quickly, and from there it's simply muscle memory." I sat down on an unoccupied chair, and undid the laces on my boots.

Luckily, we avoided broken ankles, but we'ren't able to keep her from falling at every turn.

"Turn your foot, not you- oh, no- wait- MAGGIE!"

"MIAREAD!!" c r a s h

Stairs were the hardest. "If you leave your heel off of the stair as you climb up, it's easier to keep your balance. If not, you risk it sliding off, and tumbling down backwards."

We had to move to bricks we placed up outside so that when she inevitably fell over again, it wasn't far and she landed softly on the grass.

"Then for going down, push your foot back as far as you can, and-" Maggie toppled down the makeshift stairs again, her shoe flying off. "Try not to fall."