Chapter XX: Still More Work to Do

DISCLAIMER: This story includes references to depression, depressing thoughts, insecurities, anxiety, self-harm, blood, depictions or references to sexual activity and thoughts based around all of these concepts. If you do not want to read a story with slight references to these, I would urge you to click off.

AN: Once again, a short upload~ Only a couple more chapters to go until the end, so I hope everyone enjoys~ Stay special, everybody!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XX: Still More Work to Do

The air around us is cold, adding to the gray sky of the morning. Thankfully, I'm already wearing a scarf and leather jacket, but my legs only have shorts and leggings on, making them pretty cold. Combine that with the fact that none of us got sleep last night, it just makes me feel worse. I really wanted last night to end off in a good way, but it seems that wasn't going to happen. I assumed Rarity and Rainbow Dash had already made up, but I was just blind... "Okay. We've already established that Rarity and Rainbow are mad at each other," I say quietly, pacing back and forth in front of the bench Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy sit on. During the night, we eventually decided to leave the Apple Family farm and go to Garden Hooves Park. "The main reason is because Rainbow Dash won't apologize for her treatment of Rarity. Now, I'll admit, I wasn't there for the full fight, I don't have the full details."

"Oh, well, um... Not a lot happened other than what you saw. Rainbow Dash and Rarity insulted each other a little more, but the main reason is the fact that Dash sorta invalidated her as a person," Fluttershy tells me with a nod, her hands placed on her knees as we think about the situation.

"And then there's something going on with you and Twilight," Pinkie states in a depressed tone, her straight hair partially covering one of her eyes. "Which you still haven't told us about." Bringing my hand to my face, I sigh quietly, biting my lip at the memory.

"I... kinda had an outburst with Twilight and scared her. I didn't mean the words I said, but it happened nonetheless." Searching my bag for my phone, I flip it open to look for any new notifications.

"You still have a flip phone?" Fluttershy asks me quietly, her eyes seemingly showing her surprise with that fact.

"Well, I can't exactly afford a new one at this time." Looking at my phone's screen, I can't help but frown as I see multiple texts from Apple Bloom, all of them from yesterday afternoon. Other than that, I have a couple of notifications from Rainbow Dash. "It seems that Dash texted me last night. She seems pretty pissed from the texts, so I would assume both her and Rarity are mad about last night."

"Then what are we going to do? It's not a great idea to push them together when emotions are still high," Pinkie says in an uncharacteristically wise statement, flipping her hair away from her eyes.

Before I can answer the party girl, my phone begins to vibrate, a ringtone being heard by all three of us. "Sorry. Just give me a minute," I tell the girls before walking away from the two of them towards the park playground. Looking at the phone's screen, my eyes widen slightly at the contact name listed. Huh... You finally called. Clicking the accept call button, I quickly bring it to my ear with a deep breath. "Hello, Rich. Please tell me this is important. I'm kind of busy right now."

A deep chuckle comes from the other end of the line, making me roll my eyes at his reaction. "Too busy to hear some good news?" His laugh lasts for a few moments after his sentence, finally clearing his throat. "This is important, Dazzle. Those items you lost? I fulfilled my end of the bargain and found them." He actually found them...? I was a bit reluctant to trust him, especially when it took him multiple days without any update, but... I'm glad he pulled through.