Chapter XVI: Always Together

DISCLAIMER: This story includes references to depression, depressing thoughts, insecurities, anxiety, self-harm, blood, depictions or references to sexual activity and thoughts based around all of these concepts. If you do not want to read a story with slight references to these, I would urge you to click off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XVI: Always Together

AN: HEY! STOP! Before you read any further in this chapter, I need to warn you about something. Normally, I would leave these types of warnings to my disclaimer section at the beginning, but a part of me just knows that people will probably skip that section in favor of reading the chapter quicker. I would also usually want to keep this secret, but I don't want to spring something like this on someone as a surprise. This chapter includes references and depictions of sexual activity, making this story now marked as mature. The sexual activity in this chapter isn't fetish or kink related, but it's still worthy to make a warning for. I don't think this needs to be said due to the setting of my story so far, but all characters in this chapter are eighteen years-old or older. This chapter will be the only one with sexual activity in this story, so if you do not feel comfortable reading this, feel free to either quit the fic or wait until the next chapter uploads. I will give a brief SFW summary of this chapter in the next installment for the people who don't want to read about sexual activity. As always, thank you for the continued support of my story since it means the world to me and keeps my motivation high to continue this story. I hope everyone has a good day and I will see you when the next chapter uploads~ Enjoy~

============================================================

The walk home is especially slow today... I didn't expect Pinkie to hang up on me so soon, but I suppose I should have. I knew she wasn't going to be happy to see or hear from me, but that reaction wasn't something I prepared for at all. She does have a point though... I did wait especially long to talk to Pinkie Pie because I wasn't sure how to approach the unpredictable woman. That wasn't any excuse... I should have made the time to accurately apologize and make it seem more genuine. The cool breeze of the twilight of the day presses against my skin, reminding me just what I have to return home to. I don't even know if Sunset will be willing to talk to me... She should have gotten my note by now, but I'm unsure if it did anything to actually help. Thankfully, the streets seem mostly empty at this time, giving me some time to think of what I will say to her. Then again, that could be just because I'm taking mostly back streets to get to our apartment.

Maybe that's because I'm not exactly looking forward to going home... I have no idea how tonight is going to go and I would hate it if things got even worse. Bringing my hand to my scarf, I feel the material as gently as I can, taking a deep breath in and out. It's hard to have hope when everything seems to be going wrong in the world, but Sunset always tries to, despite whatever odds she's against. She's so inspiring, teaching me multiple lessons I wouldn't have learned any other way. I just hope she and I can talk it out. I don't know if I will be able to accurately apologize, but...

Walking through the cold air, I can't help but feel nostalgic, the long distance I have to travel with a cool temperature nipping at my nose. I remember when I used to walk this same path to Sunset's apartment all the time to hang out with her. Back then, I would always think about how I don't deserve her on this specific walk, a thought that Sunset has tried so hard to dispel from my mind as of late. Stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, I look down at the coat and scarf I have on, my mind instantly bringing the memories of our adventures together to the forefront of my thoughts. I know that Sunset loves me. She clearly enjoys our relationship, I just... hurt her. Pretty badly. There's no reason for us to not be able to fix this, right? Everything that's happened just proves how much Sunset and I can go through together. We've gotten through so much and I... love her... with all my heart. We can fix this. I just have to have a little faith, right?