Chapter XV: Balloons are Meant to Pop

:)

DISCLAIMER: This story includes references to depression, depressing thoughts, insecurities, anxiety, self-harm, blood, and thoughts based around all of these concepts. If you do not want to read a story with slight references to these, I would urge you to click off.

AN: I didn't think I would finish another chapter in such a short time span, but here I am once again~ Maybe it's because I've been sleep deprived, but hey~ At least I'm making some serious progress on my story~ This chapter has not been edited simply because I am so tired right now, but I will edit it in the upcoming days~

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter XV: Balloons are Meant to Pop

Unsurprisingly, the thing Rarity and Fluttershy ended up settling on is the Rarity Treat from the menu, the purple-haired woman seemingly proud that she has an option named after herself. We also got a hefty discount due to Rarity's reputation around the spa, being one of their 'favorite customers.' What's even more surprising is that Fluttershy has been here almost as long as Rarity, but she doesn' have her own menu item or something dedicated to her. I suppose that could be due to Fluttershy's nature and maybe she denied such a privilege, but it still strikes me as odd.

Walking into the back of the spa, a large open room with multiple lounging areas, a hot tub and steam chamber is in front of us, making it feel a little daunting at first. There are also private rooms off to the sides of the main area, but those seem to be reserved for more private treatments like massages. The Rarity Treat actually covers five different things, two of which I have already forgotten. The three I do remember are a lower back massage, a pedicure and a manicure. I've never had any of those except for the massage and that was given to me by Sunset a while ago...

"You go on ahead, darling~ We'll catch up~" Rarity tells Fluttershy with a small wave, one of her hands grabbing my shoulder. With a small nod, Fluttershy follows the spa worker towards the steam room, apparently being one of the things we're doing today. I guess that is one of the two things I forgot about... Locking my eyes with Rarity's gaze, she smiles at me as best as she can, looking me up and down. "So, Sunset didn't want to show, huh?" she asks me slowly.

"Unfortunately, she had an extra long shift at her internship today, so she couldn't make it. I'd be surprised if I can even get a word in before she falls asleep tonight~" Rarity laughs at my joke, clearly amused.

"I know what you mean, darling~ AJ is quite the same way. She works herself way too hard most days." Before I can say anything, Rarity's face momentarily shows a melancholy expression as her eyes look to the floor, but she simply locks her eyes with mine again, presenting a smile.

"Applejack didn't want to come?" I ask her, cutting her off from whatever she was about to say. The usually composed fashionista dawns a sad smile before she lets go of my shoulder, sighing quietly to herself.

"Oh, you know how she is. Her family reunion is coming up soon and she doesn't really like the spa. It's been hard to talk to her at all recently, but I'm sure she's just busy." Her sad smile doesn't disappear by the time she turns away from me, taking a deep breath to compose herself. Quickly, Rarity rummages through her purse, looking for something. "Although, that is not the reason I stopped you here." Taking out a small bag with some purple material sticking out of the top, Rarity hands me the bag, an accomplished look coming to her. "It wasn't easy, mind you, but I stayed up all night and managed to fix it as well as I could~ You may notice some stitch marks, but I think it should be as good as new~"

Upon hearing Rarity's words, I quickly grab the bag and look inside. Even the thought of her managing to fix it makes me so excited for some unknown reason. That feeling only increases in my chest when I see the fully intact scarf, as beautiful as it was the day I got it~ My heart beats faster, grabbing the soft material and feeling it once more. Even though it's only been a few days, my hands have missed this feeling for what feels like ages. The scarf Sunset gave me so long ago... It's back together and with me~ The luster of the fabric brings back so many memories automatically, my eyes involuntarily making tears form. It was so long ago that I was given this gift... The person I love gave it to me herself and I can't help but love it with all my heart. Just having it back makes me feel so nice, having this constant reminder of Sunset and her meaning in my life~ It is the first gift she ever gave me~