Amen,"

A deep note on the piano played, sending shivers down my body. Tj and I glanced at each other with parted lips and widened eyes. "Jesus, that gives me chills," He said, running his hands through his strands.

"That was beautiful," I whispered, my voice barely audible. Rihanna was someone I've always looked up to, so being able to work with her was a lifetime dream.

"She even gave you her manager's number in case you want to meet up," Tj assured, showing me the email he was sent. "Congratulations, Selina. You're gaining the attention of A-list celebrities,"

After taking an uber to Ricardo's shop, I adjusted my dark hair, a sigh escaping my lips

After taking an uber to Ricardo's shop, I adjusted my dark hair, a sigh escaping my lips. I hadn't been back here since last week and I just couldn't pick up my car. Finally, I walked inside, my hands in my back pockets. Jared looked up from his magazine and straightened his back. "He's not in today,"

Right, of course, he isn't. I didn't want to admit that I wanted to see Ricardo because I meant nothing to him.

"I'm just here for the car," I assured him, my eyes glancing around the auto shop. He nodded, looking through his record log, before looking back at me. "Ah, The Mercedes. I'll bring it out for you,"

"Thank you, Jared," I said, playing with my fingers awkwardly. He walked to the back and said I should meet him in front so I did. Shortly after, he pulled my car up and handed me the keys.

"Hello again," I said, sinking my teeth into my bottom lip, playfully. After getting in, my hands ran across the steering wheel and contentment washed through my veins. Soon, I rolled my window down and faced Jared.

"So?" I whispered, playing with my hair. "Where did he go?" The man hesitated but when I placed my hands on my window and offered him a smile.

Finally, he sighed. "He went out with this woman a couple of hours ago. I don't exactly remember her name but she had red hair and tattoos,"

I nodded my head, a sour taste in my mouth. I didn't know why I gave Ricardo so much power over me. It was clear I wasn't his type, and he would never take me seriously.

Was I not pretty enough?

Could he see that my arms weren't shaved or did he dislike my nose? Was my hair too dark? Would he notice me if I bleached my hair? Or was it my complexion? Mariah was pale, and I naturally had tanned skin from my father.

Maybe, it was my body. I knew I wasn't skinny or tall like the woman he liked. Maybe he looked at me and grew disgusted at my curves.