"Civil war."

I woke up the next day around 8:00 AM. I climbed out of my bed, grumbling while I threw my uniform on. I shuffled outside to the balcony and descended the stairs. There was a feel in the air, that feeling you obtain when it's early in the morning and you're going to war. It seems cool out, and strangely comfortable in the tense environment.

Rangers move around in small groups inside and out of Crane town. We've made Crane town our main FOB for this operation creating it into a center hub or rallying point. I crossed my arms over my chest where my .50 Beowulf was slung. I slowly walked towards the gates, one foot in front of the other.

The distant sounds of gunshots rippled through the air in a scattered manner. There was a radio blaring in front of the gates, tables surrounding it where Rangers loaded their weapons and gear. The song sounded old fashioned mostly because it was. It was probably made back in 2032. It's a wonder how the music lasted so long out here.

We've gotten word of a new foe marked by a red skull, the Insurrectionists. They fight to bring down any military group that threatens the freedom of other's and it seems we made the list. The Insurrectionists are basically freedom fighters and rebels, a resistance if you'd like to call it that.

Today, we're going to be quite busy with operation Genocide. I saw Rangers dragging a good thirteen crosses across the street and towards the sand dunes around Outlook. Our personal radios were blaring with field reports as if something happened every twenty seconds or something. I approached the tables so I could rest my weapons somewhere so that I may refill the mags. An AK74u and a Beowulf, pretty damn sweet if you ask me. I have three beta mags for the Beowulf and six mags for the AK74u. All I have to do is refill two AK mags and I would be good to go, so I did as I was expected to and refilled the mags.

I picked my guns up off of the table and slung the AK74u over my back and held the Beowulf at ease. I loaded the AK mags into my mag pouches and the Beta mags into my dump pouch.

(Dump pouches are used when reloading, allowing you to toss empty mags into them in a rush without loosing any mags.)

I caught a glimpse of Dmitri and Malu running off with a group of spec ops and ran after them. We weren't running into any old operation, we were running into a civil war.