27

My darlingssss, the part one of our most anticipated wedding is hereeee. Excited to have been able to finally finish this chapter.

I also hope y'all enjoy it, there's so much to unpack here. 🥺. As you read, please don't forget to comment, even if it's an emoji of how you feel, I'll be glad, please vote, please again, share with your friends. God bless you. 💓💓

Happy Reading.

"Do you think we need to change anything?" Nadia shook the sleeves of the lace she planned to wear for after the wedding fatiha and shook her head in response. All the while looking at her reflection in the mirror.

In the wake of the week before her wedding, she'd done extra shifts, to cover up for some part of the one week she would be away before her official two week holiday. Her face was bore the brunt of the stress, saggy eyebags, tired laugh lines lined near her lips and she wished to fall into a bed. But she had to do one more fitting before being free.

"Why are you sighing? Didn't Alhaji ask you to let him call CMD? You're here sighing like you were supposed to be working day and night and then be on your period as well. Do you want to kill yourself?" Nadia eyed Hajarah who was testing the strength of veil during Hajarah's wedding, her veil had torn from someone stepping on it.

So Hajarah pulled and pulled at the light blue train veil that the stylist had recommended to add flare to the pictures.

Since they really had no idea how to plan the outfits, the event planner had suggested they employ a stylist. Though what the stylist took for one consultation and appearances at fittings was around Nadia's monthly salary, she didn't mind, she didn't want to look like a bag of cotton, bore did she want anything overly fitted.

The stylist did just that, they, together with the fashion designers, designed dresses that fit Nadia's hourglass frame, but didn't put her figure on display as well. Nadia's personal choice was elegant and comfortable.

The designer tucked in some parts of the skirt and asked Nadia to take a look at it. Nadia did as the older woman had said and nodded, she turned to the side, taking the heavy veil embroidered with cut out parts of the lace she was wearing and looked appreciatively at the person in the mirror. However tired she looked, her heart was full with happiness that she couldn't describe.

It was as though peace in her decision came as moments inched closer to the wedding. The other time she had been engaged, she termed the fear she had felt as butterflies. She was not scared, she was flush and stood strong in the decision she had made with Allah's help.

She stepped off the platform that raised her from the ground and went into the changing room with an apprentice of the fashion house. Once she was changed, she hung her crossbody bag around her, adjusted the black hijab she wore over a kaftan gown she'd gotten from a ready to wear store in Abuja.

"Let's go." Hajarah and Folake who had arrived that morning to Kano stepped out of the bungalow that held the fashion house. They got into the Nadia's car and drove to a turaren wuta store that she'd smelt their incense a while back and wanted to buy from. Their sandalwood incense could cloud the senses and Nadia loved how well done it was.

On their way there, Hajarah asked Nadia, "I am scared for you, really. You don't look like you're in love." Nadia heard Folake gasp, but she unclasped the seatbelt she wore and moved forward to hear Nadia's response.

"Why do you think I don't love Abdullah?" Hajarah choked on her words at how Nadia called Alhaji's name without the respectful prefix.

Nadia looked at her friend with a smiling face as she turned into an avenue that would take them to the shop. Hajarah was still in the throes of shock.