19

Hi my loveliessssss. This chapter should arrive just in the nick of time, I've had a long week and I'm so excited to finish this chapter. Please 🙏 don't forget to vote and leave commmmmeeentttssss, please also shareeee. Love ya!

"She did not accept at first oo, very vehemently did she refuse. She isn't just as vehemently refusing, she is planning the engagement and talking to my uncles with us but she hopes I'll change my mind." Nadia took a sip of her iced cappuccino and swallowed before continuing to her audience of Hajarah and Folake.

"I have prayed that she agrees, because I know how distraught she was when my engagement with Ammar fell through. She nearly fell into a depression while making sure I was okay as well. So I sort of understand how she feels." She set down the plastic condensed cup on the table.

Hajarah had returned to the country a few days before, and since her husband had taken a job at the ministry of Finance in Abuja, they had to move from Kano to Abuja.

"You should have seen her the whole time her mom was in her major refusal state. She was moping everywhere, even the flowers and gifts she got from Alhaji did not suffice to make her happy." Folake said to Hajarah who had seen pictures of the said gifts clapped her hands in happiness and generally just waxed joyfully for her friend.

"You know why I'm happy? Her ex, that wicked narcissist from the pits of hell, works for Alhaji. Like, his entire net worth is dependent on if Alhaji's company would let him clean. If he messes up and calls you, straight away, call Alhaji and let them terminate his contract." She started by talking to Folake, then she turned to Nadia who just watched her two friends become close.

Overtime, Folake and Hajarah who talked over the phone as Surgical Nurses, met and became fast friends. It had only been a few days but Hajarah made it important to add Folake to their cafe visit.

"All I hope for, is for Nadia to be safe, happy and fully embrace the soft life that God has laid out for her." Nadia cut her eyes in Folake's direction but it didn't stop the laughter that Hajarah and Folake let out.

Their waitress arrived with their cakes. Chocolate fudge Brownie for Folake, Matcha green cake for Nadia which matched the green dress that Nadia had found matched her sunny mood. Hajarah opted for a vanilla funnel cake.

As they slowly ate, Nadia's phone chimed, indicating a message had just come in. She put down the silicone fork that had come with the cake and turned her phone over. It was A. Bindawa.

A hand snatched the phone out of Nadia's hand. She was too surprised to utter a word, so she leaned back and watched Hajarah read what she saved Alhaji's name as.

# "Why are you so old fashioned? Which one is, A.Bindawa? Can't you use impending darling, or soon to be husband? Why are you so stiff?" Nadia's lips raised in mock disgust, she eyed Hajarah who had spoken very loudly. Then she snatched her phone back, frowning at the mischievous Hajarah.

She turned her attention to the phone, smiling when she read the the message. 'Are you free any morning this week? I'd like to take you to breakfast.' Nadia went straight to the Google document that held their shifts for the week.

She pressed the column that had her name and it highlighted her shifts for the month, for the rest of that week she had afternoon duties that began at 12 and ended at nine pm straight. She turned it off and picked a day in her head, picked her phone again and texted him a day.

"This one you refused to speak to us, talk na." Her silence had finally suffocated her friends.

"My mom has still not accepted him, so it feels wrong to be going on dates with him." Hajarah laid her hand on Nadia's, she sighed before saying, "It's not as if she doesn't want it, she just hopes it with someone younger." Nadia's face turned grave at Hajarah's words.