16

Hi my lovelies 😍. Thank you so much for almost ten thousand reads. OMG 🥳. Thank you for sharing, for reading, and for voting. This girl here is grateful.

This chapter, read it well oo. I've left clues for the next ten chapters in it.

Also do not 🚫 forget to Vote ⭐✴️ and leave a comment 📥📪 and share 🔗 with your friends and (enemies).

Happy Reading.

Alhaji rolled over, he had woken up a few minutes earlier, but he liked to take a few minutes to take stock of what he would do that day. His immediate need was to pray Subh prayers and then get on with the rest of his day. 

He took the light comforter off his body and padded into his bathroom, turning on the bright lights as he did so. He took a quick shower and afterwards performed ablution to pray Subh. 

As he walked downstairs to the mosque on the street, he met Maymunatu's sleeping form on the sofa downstairs. He immediately went to her and touched her forehead, seeing as her temperature was normal, he gently woke her. 

"It's time to pray Subh." Maymunatu laid such bleary eyes on him that it made him chuckle. Nothing had changed in the way his daughter didn't have an awareness of her environment while she slept. She regarded her father's house as a safe place, where she could sleep peacefully without fear. 

"I was waiting for you." She said to Alhaji who was slightly taken aback. He looked at the time on the side mantle, seeing as he had no time, he got up and told her to pray and wait for him in the living room. She nodded and got up as well, leaving Alhaji to walk out the door to the offer congregational prayers. 

After prayers, he shook hands with several of his neighbors, one the minister of state for defence, another the CEO of a continent wide construction company and another man the permanent secretary of one of the federal ministries.

They all walked slowly as they talked about how to secure the area better. Someone, a kogi man who lived two houses away from Alhaji  suggested to get a good iron gate at the beginning of their ten house avenue and they all agreed, the minister echoing for them to get private security. 

They all agreed to send some money to the man who had made the gate suggestions for him to see it it to the end because two streets away had been robbed, their houses cleaned out while they were on holiday. 

A businessman from Kano, whom Alhaji knew only on greeting basis, smiled fawningly as he said with his hands clasped in front of him, "You and your ex wife are coming back together for the sake of the children right? That's so beautiful, Ma Sha Allah. Because I know even your children must feel relieved to have their parents together once more." Alhaji lost his balance, it was as though a bell had been dropped on his head. 

"What did you say?" The man sensing a disconnect, smiled wider as he repeated himself. Alhaji couldn't explain to the man why he would never be marrying his ex-wife, but the way he picked up a part of his grey thobe and walked away quickly told the men standing all they needed to know, they dispersed quickly, giving the man who had talked stinky glares. 

When Alhaji got into his compound, he took out his phone from his pocket and dialed Elijah. He ended the call and began to type a message to his personal assistant, but as he typed, Elijah called back. 

"Elijah, I forgot about the time, it's too early." Elijah's hearty cheer staved off Alhaji's worries so he got to the point. "Get me Surayyah's location, at the same time if she's in Chiroma where I suspect she would be, get us a chopper to visit the Kano plant impromptu and incognito and then we'll go to Chiroma." Elijah agreed to get the instructions done and Alhaji ended the call.