20

Hey my lovessssss. I'm so sorry this chapter is a little late and a little short, I've had a pretty long week and I'm resting (more like I rested too much).

Please 🙏🥺 vote, abegggg comment, na God I take beg you, abeg share with your friends. 🙏🏽🙏🏽👍🏽

Happy Reading 😊😊❤️

"Ensure that no one except Dr Mubarak goes into my research room while I'm away, you know how important the the research materials there are." Alhaji watched as his executive secretary nodded dutifully. He didn't trust him but there was nothing that could be stolen in his office laboratory, all were earmarked and only he knew what he put in each of the petri dishes.

"You can go." The man nodded and left the room. Alhaji looked at Elijah, his head tilted in question.

"Do you think he'll take the bait?" Elijah smiled, didn't say a word, only writing on a piece of paper that he unrolled from the batch on Alhaji's table, he passed the note to Alhaji.

"Really? Why didn't he just talk to me? I would have paid and sent him to rehab." Elijah shrugged helplessly. Nothing could be done to help a serial gambler, not even paying his bills.

"Sir, the one thing I've realized is, sometimes you can't help everyone. There are some people that will certainly repay your good intentions with evil." Alhaji sighed, laid his head on his chair and thought of what Elijah had said.

"That's true, but see he's about to be used for Evil and he doesn't realize it. If he had even blackmailed me, wouldn't it be much better?" Elijah shrugged helplessly again, making Alhaji end the thoughts of his executive secretary.

"Tomorrow, get the number of people going from the ministry of health and have them bumped to first class with us." Elijah penned down the instructions in his iPad, waiting for more while Alhaji looked in a distance thinking.

"Why is Surayyah quiet, it's very unlike her." He got up and his chair swiveled itself, spinning madly at the abrupt movement.

"I think that last scandal put their whole family to shame. The EFCC invited the Emir." Elijah's words reached Alhaji but he wasn't listening. He thought of the several ways Surayyah might choose to punish Nadia and nothing good came to mind.

"You know what? Ask our security team to send someone to watch Nadia. Nothing must go wrong with her." Elijah noted that down and got up, ready to go implement Alhaji's instructions. He would be gone for about twelve days.

Alhaji sat down back, pulled his chair closer to the table and began going through some of the files they had to submit to the ministry of health. He liked to go through each one by himself to avoid errors that were avoidable. Especially knowing he was not well liked at the ministry.

As he went through the last file I'm the pile, his personal phone rang on the table. Alhaji pulled the phone that was now on the edge of the table closer and looked at the caller ID, he frowned, then he swiped accept.

" I've ordered my people a few cartons of sweets and biscuits and some local sweets. Get Maymunatu to go to a interior store in maitama, it's too late to order some from Dubai or Turkey. Thankfully we have a few days." Alhaji turned his chair and looked into the horizon.

He sighed and then authorized an immediate payment to his mother. As soon as he read through the last file, he got up, adjusted his white Kaftan and his hat and left the office.

As he got into his car, his driver asked quietly, "Where to sir?" Alhaji told him and they began the drive out of the headquarters of BinD Pharmaceuticals. The escort he usually used drove out right after them, Alhaji sighed and leaned into his seat. He hated that Nadia had come at a time when his life was a mess.