LXIII

Dequavince Demaro Harris
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

I come through the door and walk straight upstairs seeing Mercedes laying on the couch. We not talking right now so I'm just avoiding her.

I'm not even sure if that's my baby anymore.

Flashback 2 days ago

"Damn they out of my 2% milk." I smacked my teeth, closing the cooler door.

I spun the buggy around and headed back towards the candy isle. I need sum Jolly Ranchers and not for lean, they just good asf.

"D?" Some nigga called me from the end of the isle.

I look up seeing my cousin baby daddy. I been wanting to kill his ass over Mercedes.

"How's our baby mama?" Quicc asks with a laugh.

I pull my gun out and shoot his chest towards his heart. I put my hoodie on and run out the store, leaving everything in my buggy.

"D, this is childish." Mercedes follows me to my bedroom.

I try nd close the door in her face but she pushes all her weight against it.

"D stoppp this hurt." She whines still tryna get through.

I stop, letting her in cuz ik she not gone stop.

"We can't be in the same house not speaking." She crosses her arms.

"Could've sworn I heard something." I look around for the source of this noise I'm hearing.

"Must've been the wind." I shrug sitting down on my bed.

"We're having a child together, we gotta stop being toxic." The voice spoke once more.

"There it go again, my shit prolly haunted." I smack my teeth.

"You really gotta stop cuz you hurting my feelings." She sniffles.

Please don't cry

She starts crying and I groan before finally acknowledging her.

"Whatchu want?" I ask.

"You acting like I'm not pregnant witcho seed."

"Ion know who seed you pregnant wit." I shake my head.

"I don't know how much more I can take from you. This is your child but if you don't get your shit together, Quicc gone be playing your role for your child." She sighs.

"I'm unsure. We need to take a DNA test."

"I took the first one, I'm not doing this shit again." She says with an attitude.

"Were you fucking him the same time as me?* I ask.

"That has nothing to do with the paternity of my baby." She refuses to answer.

"I'm not even surprised." I shake my head chuckling.

"It doesn't matter because it came back yours. Why would I do that again when it's gonna have the same result?" She looks upside my head.

"Until I know that's my baby for sure I'm not dealing witchu." I shrug.

"Everytime I think he's changed he proves me wrong." She mumbles to herself before walking in the closet.

See now I feel kinda bad, lemme go ask for forgiveness

"Bae I'm sorry." I frown jogging after her.