XL

Dequavince Demaro Harris
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

"Aight y'all I been working on this track fa ah minute. Listen hea." MilkyWay turns his phone volume up.

"I'm finna shoot myself." I mumble.

"Said we ain't making it out the hood, but we making it out the hood. You know all my niggas good and we grinding as we should. Just killed a nigga yesterday cuz he creased my fucking J's I betchu he won't see another day." He raps.

"You improving fasho." Middle Man lies.

"If I gotta hear one mo of yo trash ass raps I'm blowing my muthafuckin brains out. Or stabbing my ear drums with a screwdriver, I can't take this shit ma nigga." I rub my forehead.

"I'm already writing a diss track on you." He mugs me.

"I got catfished yesterday." Glue Stick says randomly.

"Damn how that happen?" MilkyWay asks.

"I was talking to sum petty luh Jamaican girl on the gram right? We arranged to meet up and why not cuz she bad and we click you know? Well yesterday we was meeting at the big Circle K." He pauses to take a puff of his blunt.

"Turned out she looked nun like herself without them filters... all them damn emojis on her face I thought she was cute. Bitch looked like SZA on my phone but looked like Kodak Black in person." He shakes his head.

"Damn..." I chuckle.

"You in a better boat than me tho cuz sum hoe claiming she pregnant wit my baby." MilkyWay shares.

"And it ain't?" Middle Man asks.

"Hell nawl, I ain't hit shawty raw."

"Where you put the condom?" Glue Stick asks.

"In the trash, the fuck?"

"If it is yours it's cuz yo dumbass didn't flush it. Should've pulled a Drake on ha ass." I shake my head.

"Nah that clog up plumbing." He looks at me crazy.

"You'd rather dedicate 18 years of yo life to raising a child rather than flushing a condom?" MilkyWay looks at him dumb.

"..."

"Yea next time flush that shit cuz." I laugh.

I zone out, thinking about Mercedes. Suddenly I have the urge to see her.

"Aye y'all I'm finna head out. I got sumn ta handle." I dap them all up then leave the trap.

I use my key to get in and she had on sum sad XXXTENTACION playlist.

The Remedy For a Broken Heart plays lowly in the completely dark apartment.

Aw why my baby sad? 😕

"Mercedes!?" I call out.

With no response I go to her room, met with a depressed Mercedes staring at the ceiling.

"Bruh why is you here?" She tells me without looking at me.

"I came to apologize."

"You not my nigga to be apologizing." She side eyes me.

"I'm sorry bae." I sit next to her.

She rolls her eyes.

"I'm sorry forreal, you know how much I love you Mercedes." I grab her hand.

"No you don't." She laughs.

"Yes I do Mercedes." I retort.

"C'monnn, I'm sorry baby." I whisper in her ear.