𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝟎𝟒𝟒 { To New Friends }

Start from the beginning

"That's pretty much everyone's reaction when they come back here." She laughs, taking a second to admire the room herself.

Victoria goes straight for the open journal that showcases prior tattoos she's done and I don't miss the excitement behind her eyes.

"You're an artist." Tristen states with a knowing look.

"N-no not really. I just draw here and there." Vic stammers incoherently, which is so unlike her. Even I'm a little taken back.

"Well, you could've fooled me." She replied almost instantly.

"Don't listen to her. She's an art major and one of the best artists I know." I insisted and Vic pressed her lips together, suppressing a thankful smile.

"Really?" Tristen glances between the two of us before settling her attention back to Victoria. "You gotta show me your work sometime. I'd love to take a look."

"I can't possibly compare to this." Vic glances around the room in appreciation.

"Let me be the judge of that." Tristen winks.

Once Tristen's in the zone she's fully focused on the completing the task ahead. It's been thirty minutes since she's clean, moisturized and prepped Izzy to go and for the most part Tristen remains quiet while she presses the gun to Isabella's sanitized rib cage.

Izzy was getting an assortment of flowers underneath her right boob but with how much detailing she wanted they would have to schedule two more appointments on top of this one since it all couldn't be done in one go.

Beside me, Vic was still flipping through Tristen's tattoo binder and fighting between getting a spine tattoo or a simple drawing on her ankle.

"Are you sure you don't want to get one today?" Vic whispers to me even though I had already made up my mind.

"I wanna wait till I'm sure I know which one I want."

"Okay." She drawls. "But I swear to god if I see you and Zach with matching tattoos I'm going to kill you first."

I give her a pointed look. "Vic."

"Sage." She imitates, mockingly a little bit too loud.

Tristen pauses her movements, recognition instantly dawning on her face. She then returns to wiping Izzy's reddened skin free of ink residue. "So, you guys go to Syracuse, huh?"

Her question sounded more like a statement.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Vic's curiosity peaks.

"Keychain." She eyes the orange lanyard hanging from my wristlet. Her change in tone deceives her. "Plus it's not far from here. I get tons of drunk guys trying to flirt their way into a freebie."

"Did you go there?" I ask, subtly trying to enter the conversation.

She nods with a half smile as if she were remembering fond memories. "I did and it's a great school really, I met some of my greatest friends there." I sense her tense a little. "But I realized college just wasn't for me so I dropped out halfway into my junior year."

"I completely understand. I don't think I would've went to college if I continued to-"

"Model." She interjects.