Switched Bodies (SS)

Start from the beginning

However, when Severus notices they have classes to teach soon, he groans. "Great, what now? We can't teach like this..." he mutters.

Y/N gets an idea. "Perhaps we can - how about you pretend to be me, and I pretend to be you? It will definitely be a challenge, and I think it's going to be quite fun" she suggests.

Severus is in deep thought. It is indeed a challenge...

"Very well, but do not be nice to them. And no points to anyone who isn't Slytherin. If you want people to believe it is me and that I wasn't kidnapped and replaced with someone else, you should take points from Gryffindor" he states, smirking.

Y/N chuckles. "Challenge accepted. And you will have to be nice to the students. Oh, and you are going to be teaching Potter and his classmates" she tells him, a rather smug look on her face.

He facepalms at that. How in Merlin's name is he going to survive?

"Fine, I'll... try. I trust you will make sure I won't be returning to my classroom in ruins?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

She nods. "I promise, Severus. Now, go, Professor Y/L/N. You have Muggle Studies to teach" she says in a sing-song voice.

Grumbling to himself, Severus strolls out of the Potions classroom. As he walks towards the Muggle Studies classroom, he remembers that Y/N doesn't walk as fast as he does. He slows down his pace. It feels really strange... He won't get used to this.

Sighing, he slowly opens the door and enters the classroom. He can't help but frown when he sees Potter and his friends in the front row. Great, just great...

Noticing the look on their professor's face, Granger gives a worried look. "Are you all right, Professor Y/L/N?" she questions.

Severus clears his throat. "Yes, I apologise. I haven't been... sleeping well lately" he explains, remembering that's why Y/N came to his classroom in the first place.

The Gryffindor girl smiles. "Oh, I'm sure Professor Snape has a spare one you can have" she suggests.

Severus slowly nods. "You are right... I'll ask him after class. Now, let's begin the lesson" he declares.

As he looks at Y/N's notes, he sees that they are currently learning about electricity. He quickly thinks of how to approach this. He could just make them discuss it in pairs... That way, he won't really be teaching. At least not for now.

"I would like you to discuss electricity in pairs. Discuss what it is and what it's used for. Begin" he states.

The students look at each other for a while before finally doing as he says.

Sighing, he sits down on Y/N's chair. When he hears Potter mentioning his cousin's addiction to television, he resists the urge to take house points since Y/N wouldn't do that unless it's necessary.

This isn't about your cousin, Potter, but about electricity.

He grits his teeth. This is going to be a long day...

Once the lesson is over, he sighs in relief when all the students start to leave. As they do so, he overhears three particular Gryffindors.

"Bloody hell, what was up with Professor Y/L/N? She was acting strange..." Weasley exclaims to his friends.

"Yeah, her facial expressions almost reminded me of Snape..." Potter agrees.

Granger rolls her eyes. "In case you two didn't listen, she has had trouble sleeping lately" she reminds them. The two boys shrug as they leave the classroom.

Severus huffs. Maybe he should have thought about that, but he refuses to smile. Especially while Potter is in the room.

He decides to head towards the Potions classroom. When he's right outside, he listens by the door.

"... So next time, read your Potions book. You have it for a reason, or am I wrong? Is it simply there to look pretty on your table? I thought so. If you don't wish to lose any more points, I suggest you pay more attention next time. Dismissed" Y/N states, sounding rather cold.

As all the students leave the classroom, Severus is impressed. That definitely sounded like something he would tell these dunderhead students.

When he looks at her- well, his face, he notices that she has a very serious expression. He hums to himself. She did a rather good job pretending to be him.

"Hello, Professor Y/L/N" one of the students says, smiling at Severus.

"Hello... I must speak to Professor... Snape" he tells the student. He was really close to saying 'Professor Y/L/N'. That wouldn't have been good.

Looking a bit confused, the student slowly nods before leaving.

Once they are alone, Severus sighs. "Never again" he mutters.

Y/N chuckles. "As fun as it was, I agree. It broke my heart taking points from them" she says, looking a bit guilty.

He snorts. "That's my favourite part of the day" he jokes.

His favourite part of the day is when he's alone in his private chambers.

"It hasn't worn off yet, I wonder when it will. Anyway, I completely forgot to ask, what was that parchment you didn't want me to see?" she questions.

Severus widens his eyes. He had forgotten all about that... He would honestly have expected her to look at it while he wasn't there. He's glad that she respected his privacy. But now the question is - should he tell her?

"Well, I..." he starts, sighing.

"Why don't you read and find out?" he simply says.

Looking unsure, she slowly grabs the parchment from his desk and starts reading it. She then smiles.

"You like me?" she whispers, sounding like she's about to cry.

He quickly strolls towards her. "I apologise, I know it isn't appropriate, but... Yes, I do like you... I have for a while" he admits.

Sniffling, Y/N wraps her arms around him tightly. He stiffens. "I like you too, Severus!" she says as she kisses his cheek.

Just as she does so, they turn back to normal - Severus looks like Severus, and Y/N looks like Y/N.

He chuckles. "Well, that seemed to work... Do you truly like me?" he asks, looking insecure.

Smiling, she nods. Oh, how he has missed seeing her smile instead of his own...

"Of course I do! I have for a while as well" she confesses, biting her lip.

The corners of his lips slowly turn upwards. "Well, if that's so... You might not mind this," he says as he brings his lips towards hers.

She closes her eyes as she kisses him. He kisses back, holding her close to him.

When they stop in order to get some air into their lungs, they smile at each other. Perhaps switching bodies for a day wasn't so bad after all.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "The Arranged Marriage" (SS) will be published on 8/7/2022!