chapter 41

The moment everything was talked out, everything was bliss. An entire whole new love was sprouting out of them. All love languages were being displayed again between them like they were in the beginning. As the weeks went by, they had been rekindling the extinguished flame and couldn't be any happier. Finally, they got together to meet Camila and make final decisions for the wedding; Clark had even gotten his suit, which was too easy for him. And now they decided to visit the wedding venue together.

"Gosh, it's so beautiful in person," Ruby said.

"It is! You made a great choice! And we're gonna have the reception tent set up over there! It's not far from the mansion you'll be getting ready in, so walking to and from will be easier." Camila said.

"Wonderful!" Ruby said.

Clark comes from behind Ruby and kisses her cheek. "Everything is gonna be so great," he said.

"We're getting close to the big day! Are you guys excited?" Camila asked.

"We really are! I'm just hoping everything will go right." Ruby said.

"Hey, everything's gonna be fine," Clark said.

"Exactly. Don't worry. I got everything under control. The flowers, the cake, the seating charts, the rings, the music, everything honey." Camila said.

"Thanks. You're the absolute best." Ruby said.

Camila's cell phone rings. "Oh, excuse me, guys, I have to take this. I'll be back!" she said before walking away from the couple.

Ruby and Clark walk along the garden and find a cute bench to sit upon. Then, they look ahead to see the mansion.

"So...this is happening!" Clark said.

"Yes, it is. Soon enough, we'll become Mr. and Mrs. Ackermann." Ruby said.

"Oh, just hearing those words come out of your mouth makes me so happy!" Clark said.

"Excited for your bachelor weekend?" Ruby teased.

"I don't know if that's a trick question." Clark chuckled.

"You don't have to lie, Clark. A night out with the boys sounds like a night of crazy shit. Especially with Theo and Damien!" Ruby said.

After Clark quit his job, Theo and Damien quit the next week. Then they called him to apologize for how they'd treated him and decided to make it up by giving him the greatest bachelor party ever.

"Yeah, I'm very shocked that they're going out of their way to do this," Clark said.

"I mean, hey! They're spending tons of money on you, so I'd make it worth it!" Ruby said.

"Oh, don't worry. I will!" Clark said with a wink.

"You have any idea of what they might do for you?" Ruby asked.

"No clue. I'm hoping they didn't get me a stripper because I don't wanna see any other naked women than you." Clark said, nuzzling his face into Ruby's neck.

"If you do see them, just scream and run." Ruby laughed.

"Noted! What does 'Wild Alexa' have planned for your party?" Clark asked.