chapter 32

Ruby, Jenna, and Alexa continued their day at the bridal shop, looking for wedding dresses.

"How about this?" Jenna asked.

"No, that's really basic," Ruby said.

"This one?" Alexa asked.

"Clark would never marry me if I wore that," Ruby laughed.

"Clark would marry you if you wore a bedsheet," Alexa said.

"Yeah, because he knows she's probably naked underneath," Jenna said.

A friendly woman walks up to the trio. "Hello, ladies! Need any help?" she asked.

"Yes, ma'am! I'm Alexa! Maid of honor here! And we need to find the most gorgeous dress you have for this bride-to-be!" Alexa said, putting Ruby in front of her.

"I am the bride! I'm Ruby," she said.

"Well, nice to meet you, sweetheart! I'm Fiona. And I'll take care of you." she said.

"Why, thank you, Fiona," Ruby said.

"Now, what kind of dress are we looking for? Classy? Extravagant? Simple?" Fiona asked.

"...I want something nobody would expect me to wear. Something that would make people say, 'Oh wow, she's really a bride!' I want to turn heads." Ruby said.

"Ah, okay! So something that people wouldn't expect you to wear...let's go over to this rack." Fiona said.

Fiona leads the women to one of several racks filled with many different dresses. She grabs a satin strapless A-Line dress with buttons down the back designed in lace.

"Wanna try this?" Fiona asked.

"Yeah, I'll try this on," Ruby said.

Fiona hands the dress over to Ruby and leads her to one of the dressing rooms.

"If you need any help, let me know!" Fiona said.

"Okay! Thanks!" Ruby said before entering the dressing room.

"So, how soon is the wedding?" Fiona asked.

"In a couple of months! We are so excited!" Jenna said.

"Any plans for the bachelorette party Ms. Maid of Honor?" Fiona asked.

"Oh, believe me! I have been planning this party ever since she told me she was engaged." Alexa said.

Ruby comes out of the dressing room and walks to the mirror.

"Do you like it?" Fiona asked.

Ruby turns around to look at the back of the dress. She's intrigued but not enough to say yes to the dress.

"It's cute, but will it make my future husband cry?" Ruby asked.

"You want Clark to cry? Why would you want that?" Jenna asked.

"It's not a bad thing, Jenna," Alexa laughed.

"Yes, every single bride wants that reaction from her husband," Fiona said.