chapter 15

Another busy night at Moonshine. Ruby is serving drinks and getting tips left and right. William's sultry voice can be heard throughout the bar as he sings with the live band behind him. Couples are dancing, people are having foolish conversations at the bar, and people are smoking in the corner. A sight like this makes Ruby very happy as she imagines herself owning this bar.

"What's on your mind, Ruby?" Jenna asked.

"Oh, nothing! Just enjoying the ambiance." Ruby said.

"It sure is a beautiful sight, huh?" Jenna asked.

"It really is. The past couple of years I feel like I've grown up in this place." Ruby said with a laugh.

"Wow, you are really connected with this place more than me!" Jenna said.

"I really am. Ever since I came here for the first time, I knew I didn't wanna continue working at that library for my parents." Ruby said.

"How come you started working there again? To hunt down the nerds?" Jenna asked with a smirk.

Ruby laughs. "Jenna, do not start," she said.

"Uh uh! You know I'm right! You wanted yourself a real shy guy so you went out of your way to always dress so sexy to make those men nervous! And I know that feels good!" Jenna said.

"Oh believe me. It does!" Ruby said.

"And that's how you got your beloved Clark! Ugh, you guys are so freaking cute! I mean the way he looks at you! He's like a lovesick puppy! It is absolutely adorable!" Jenna said.

"Jenna, sometimes I wonder how he even put up with me. I mean I was such a complicated bitch." Ruby said with a laugh.

"Oh yeah! I remember you telling me this story. How the hell you leave that man hanging for a whole month?" Jenna asked.

"I told you I was scared! I wasn't expecting for him to have such strong feelings for me!" Ruby said.

"And apparently those feelings are still going strong judging by that rock on your finger because goddamn!" Jenna said.

"I gotta admit, he sure outdid himself!" Ruby said while admiring her ring.

"Honey, I need your tips to make a man fall in love with me," Jenna said.

"Girl please, you're a fucking bombshell! Slick black hair, cool tattoos, a cute smile, and those perky tits will catch any man's attention, especially in that blouse. You do not need my help!" Ruby said.

"I mean you're right about that," Jenna said with a laugh.

"And your personality! You're so sweet, funny, and creative! Any man will be lucky to have you as their girlfriend. Better yet, their wife."  Ruby said.

"Thanks, girl," Jenna said.

"Why are you feeling like a hopeless romantic lately? You feeling someone?" Ruby asked.

Jenna looks around the bar and leans into Ruby's ear.

"Can you keep a secret?" Jenna whispered.