chapter 11

Ruby and Clark walk into Moonshine hand in hand to see their friends and family.

"Look! They're here! The love birds!" Alexa shouted.

Everyone cheers and claps for them as they toss gold confetti at them. Ruby and Clark look around the lounge to view the decorations that had been set up all around the place.

"Aww, you guys! This is so cute!" Ruby said.

"This place looks great!" Clark said.

Alexa walks up to them to give them a small tour of the party.

"Okay, so the hors d'oeuvres are over there! The photo booth is over there! The dance floor is straight ahead! And you know where the drinks are so enjoy the night!" Alexa said.

Alexa nearly gets knocked over when Ruby and Clark's parents rush up to them and smother them with hugs.

"Oh, I can't believe it! My baby finally popped the question and we're finally here for your engagement party!" Renee said.

"I'm proud of you boy! And you sure cleaned up well!" Frank said complimenting Clark's outfit.

While Renee and Frank give their congratulations to their son, Monica and Johnathan are viewing Ruby's ring.

"How many karats are in that thing?" Monica asked being fascinated by the bling.

"Honey, why do you care? It's not your ring." Johnathan said.

Ruby laughs. "I don't care how many karats it has. I'm just happy to have this ring on my finger regardless," she said.

"You have no idea how ecstatic we were when you told us the news!" Monica said.

"Your mother screamed so loud, our neighbor's dog went crazy," Johnathan said.

"I couldn't help it! That wonderful man has stolen our daughter's heart and now she's gonna steal his last name!" Monica said.

"I love him, mom. I really do." Ruby said.

"We can see that. I'm happy for you sweetheart." Johnathan says as he pulls her in for a tight hug.

"O-Okay dad. I'm losing air here." Ruby said.

"My baby's gonna be a bride," Johnathan says while pretending to cry.

Monica pulls Johnathan off of Ruby.

"Okay drama king! Let the girl talk to other people." Monica said while laughing.

"I'll catch y'all around," Ruby says as she walks off to mingle.

"Ruby!" Clark said.

Ruby walks over to him at the buffet table.

"I'd like you to meet my friends from work. Gabe and Faye." Clark said

"Nice to meet you guys!" Ruby said.

"Nice to meet you too ma'am!" Gabe said.