chapter 25

(⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️)
(Chapter will contain rape.)
5:30pm
Ruby returns home from her afternoon shift and notices a bouquet of flowers on the coffee table. She smiles as she walks to the table and sees a card attached to it. It reads:

Just letting you know that I'm always thinking of you. You are my one and only love!
- Clark 
P.S. I can't wait for the cake tasting session next week!"

"He remembered," Ruby said to herself.

She sits down to admire her flowers and has a sense of relief. It was nice to see him going back to his loving self. Gifting pretty flowers and leaving cute little notes like he did when they first started seeing each other. It gave her hope that their relationship may not be at stake. However, she thought about Camila. Would she be able to help Clark through his trauma, or is he better off with no help?

"What do I do?" Ruby asked herself.

She hears her cell phone ring and sees that it's Clark. "Oh, would you look at that!" Ruby said.

PHONE CONVO
R: Hey, babe!
C: Hi, whatcha doing?
R: I just got back from work. What about you?
C: I'm with Faye and Gabe!
R: Oh, you're with your friends! Why are you calling me then? You should be with them.
C: I was missing your voice!
R: You're too cute. By the way, thanks for the flowers!
C: Did you like them?
R: I love them! It was nice to come home and see such a simple sign of love language like you always do.
C: Well, after you had left for work, I decided to do something nice for you.
R: Well, I really appreciate it! Thank you.
C: You're welcome.
R: When do you think you're gonna get back home?
C: Aww! Is someone missing my snuggles??
R: No....okay, maybe!
C: I thought so! I'll be home around 8. Want me to pick up dinner from Abélia's?
R: I would love that! I'll see you soon!
C: Okay! I'll see you! I love you!
R: I love you too! Bye!
END OF CONVO
"He sounds better. That's good." Ruby said to herself.

She lays back on the couch, figuring out what to do as she waits for Clark. And then an idea popped up.

"Might as well start working on my vows," Ruby said.

Ruby goes to her bedroom to get her notebook for the wedding plans and turns to an empty page. She chews the eraser of her pencil as she thinks about what she will say. It was a little hard for her considering that she claims she's not good with words, unlike Clark, who had a golden tongue the night of the proposal. But, on the other hand, it amazed her watching Clark's speech become more confident while they were together.

"What the hell am I gonna say to this man?" Ruby asked herself.
___________________________
After a few hours passed, Clark finally came home.

"I'm here!" Clark called out.

Ruby puts her notebook in her bedside drawer and goes out to the living room to greet Clark with a sweet kiss.

"How was hanging out with your friends?" Ruby asked.

"It was so much fun! And I have a lot to tell you." Clark said.

"Oh, do you now?" Ruby asked.

"Yes, I do! Now come on, let's eat." Clark said.

They go to the kitchen, get their food from the bag, and sit at the dining table.

"So what's the big news?" Ruby asked, taking a bite of her favored salmon.