Chapter 7- First Break-in

Driving our way back to our spot, we saw a little shop that had just closed. Boost screeched to a stop "Ooh..." he cooed, "Oh no, dude." Snot Rod said when he realized. "It's closed," I innocently pointed out, "Exactly, kiddo." Boost responded in a weird tone. "wha- oh." I suddenly realized, "We're not going to-" "Oh yes we are." He demanded, turning human and running across the street. "Dude, you don't think this is too much for her?" Wingo asked. "I agree with Wingo but, bro, face it, it's our only way to feed her and ourselves." DJ replied, "I guess you're right." Wingo then said, turning human and covering himself with his hoodie, Snot Rod joined them, "We'll keep look-out." DJ said, I stayed with him.

Snot Rod looked out for cameras, "We're clear." Wingo pulled out pins from his clothes and gave one to Boost, "You try the front door, I'll try the back." he said. They then tried picking the locks to get inside, once they were through they rushed inside. They took money, food, drinks, and anything else they could get their hands on. "Jackpot~" Boost whispered, walking out with bags of items. "Uh, wouldn't they get your fingerprints?" I curiously asked, "We tried to get rid of most of it but cops here are stupid anyway." Boost replied, I shrugged my shoulders. "Let's get out of here before we get caught." Snot Rod said, we nodded. "Hey, Kiddo," Wingo said, "Hm?" I asked, curiously, "Race ya!" and he sped off, "Hey!!" I said in surprise, speeding off next to him.

As we cruised our way back to our spot, we heard what sounded like sirens, "Shit." Boost mumbled, screeching to a halt. "Where you think they're at?" Wingo asked. We stopped and stayed still, quietly listening to where the sounds were coming from. Suddenly out of nowhere, we saw the lights but it was too late, "It's the delinquents!" one of the cops yelled. "DRIVE!" Boost exclaimed, we all sped out in an attempt to get away, "They're gaining on us!" DJ cried out, "Oh no they're not!" Wingo responded. "Follow me, I know how we can get away." he then said again, we followed quickly. We reached to a closed off abandoned underground garage, "There's a route down there, we can use there to cut off on the main street, follow that and we'll get back to our spot." He instructed, we acknowledged what he said. He turned to h is human form to pry open the doors, DJ helped him. Once the doors were open we went inside.

When the cops finally caught up to us, they were confused, "Where have they gone.." a cop muttered, "We've lost 'em." another said, "Alright officers, let's head back, we're bound to cath them someday." the first cop said. "Phew." Snot Rod sighed. We looked around the empty garage, "Not a bad place to roam for a night til we know for sure the cops cleared out." DJ said, sitting comfortably on the floor. "I remember this place," Boost then said, "Yeah, I was with Boost when we first came here." Snot Rod followed, "We came for an underground car show, it was rad until the cops busted us." Boost said again, "Why?" I curiously asked, "It was an illegal car show, illegal mods n stuff." Snot Rod answered. I nodded in acknowledgement.

Wingo laid down and I laid down beside him. "You okay Kiddo?" "You've been through a lot!" Wingo and DJ asked, "Yeah.. I think I'm okay, just need to adapt." I replied, "You'll be fine." Boost said as he winked at me, I smiled. Snot Rod then emptied a bag of supplements, without hesitation, everyone took something to nurish themselves, food had never tasted so good, better yet when its stolen! The boys stayed awake a while and eventually I fell asleep. Well...tomorrow's another day...