Chapter 6- When Sources Run Out.

As time went by, our resources got scarce. "FUCK!" Boost scoffed, "Out of food, out of money.." DJ noted, my stomach growled. "This is too much, we can't even feed the kid." Wingo said, "I'm sorry kiddo." Boost said sadly, rubbing my head. He then got up and started to think, "Dudes, at this rate, we can't keep her. She's better off with others who'll actually have the requirements to take care of her." Boost said, gloomily. The others were in shock and in despair of the thought that they will eventually have to give me away. "Oh.." Wingo said softly, he looked at me and I looked back at him with saddening eyes. "Who..Who do you think we should give her to?" He asked Boost, "Isn't the family down at Amber Street rich? Maybe they could take care of her, after all, they do have the money to." Boost replied, "...Alright.." Wingo responded.

"Let's get her there, now." Boost demanded, without any words we obeyed and were ready to go. "Can I drive?" I asked, "Sure, kiddo, we'll be along side of you." Wingo said, DJ nodded. With that everyone turned to their cars and we were on the road again. "I never actually saw you in your car form, Keke." Wingo said to me, I smiled. "You know, I have the right paint job in mind for you." He said again, "Really?" I asked, looking at him, "Yup, how about a design of your Nation's flag on your sides?" He asked, My face lit up, "That's perfect!" We could get you a spoiler as well." Snot Rod said. "Thanks, dudes." I said to them, they smiled, "No probs, kiddo."

We kept driving until Boost caught a glimpse of the rich people on the side of the road. We stopped on the turn, Boost turned to his human form and hid behind a wall, he motioned for us to come with him so we did. "What in the.." Boost muttered under his breath, he watched as they posed as homeless and poor people just to gain more money. "Those assholes.." He whispered, "How cruel." Snot Rod added. "Boost looked at me and sighed, "It's still better for you." Boost and the boys then walked to me to the strange rich persons, "Hey um, we were looking after this kid and things got hard..we were wondering if you could help us?" The individuals looked at each other, "How exactly could you possibly want our help?" They asked, in the same annoying accent you would expect rich people to have. "We want to give her away to you, she would have a better life." Boost responded, the wealthy man and woman laughed, "We don't care, this is our money, not for some random pheasant child we don't know!" The lady laughed as she pointed at me, Snot Rod began to get tired of their shenanigans and walked up to the man standing next to the lady, he then proceeded to choke him out, the lady screamed and ran away with her money whilst her companion continued to get blows.

Boost now in shock at the sight of Snot Rod angry, does everything he can to calm him down. "Woah there dude, that's enough.." Boost said, holding back Snot Rod, "We should get out of here before- THERE THE LADY!" DJ yelled as he ran to tackle her. Once DJ caught her, he threatened to harm her if she called the cops, for good measure he broke her phone. "Let's get out of here" and with that we sped off back to our spot.

Driving there, everyone was quiet until Boost finally decided to break the silence " I'm sorry Keke," He said softly, "That's okay, I'd rather stay with you boys anyway." I replied, "But after what you just saw..." Snot Rod chimed in, "I understand why you did it." I responded back to him. "Hmm.." I sighed, "You okay?" Wingo asked, "Still hungry." I replied. "We'll get something kiddo." DJ said, reassuring me.

"Wingo?" I asked nudging his fender, "Do I still get that paint job?" I cheekily asked, he laughed, "As soon as we get supplies, yes." He answered proudly, I grinned.