"Why are you lying? Don't you feel the connection between us?" My lips formed a straight line, and my jaw ticked.

"You're delusional," He let go of my wrist and pulled out a cigarette from his pack before lighting it. "So you actually don't like me? But you came to my show just to say you were sorry,"

"I was just being a gentleman who knew when to apologize when he fucked up. Don't tell me you thought it was deeper than it was," He assured, and I felt my heart drop. "But—,"

"You're not the first person I've apologized to,"

I found myself rolling my eyes and facing away, trying to hide the pain. I thought we had something special, I thought he could feel the passion between us but I was wrong.

"Did I strike a nerve?" I heard his voice and I chewed on my bottom lip. I would be damned if I allowed him to get the last word, he needed that cocky smirk wiped off his face.

"Fine. I don't even know why I paid attention to you when I have so many guys in my phone," I said, a small smile resting on my lips. There was no one in my phone but it was okay. I just had to make him think that.

Ricardo chuckled, running his hands through his black hair and taking another puff of his cigarette. "I'm gonna be honest, those guys probably just want to fuck then leave. They think you're easy,"

Fuck. His words hurt. "That's not true,"

"Really? How many guys do you know that are interested beyond your tits?" He asked, his eyes trailing down from my eyes to my collarbone and finally landing on my cleavage.

Ricardo's jaw clenched when he spotted my nipple piercings through the thin fabric of my tight crop top. Tasha had taken me to get my nipples pierced when I just turned 18, 3 years ago.

His glare moved from my piercings to my large tattoo just under my breasts. It was an angel with her wings spread, a few words of affirmation written under her. My top failed to cover it.

I sucked in a breath, but it was no use—I felt suffocated by his demanding presence. He looked me up and down and uttered, "Beyond your body?"

"Plenty. Do you know how many guys are obsessed with me even after I let them see me naked?" I said, narrowing my eyes, "It's cute how you think you can resist me. Trust me when I say this, you will be under me soon—,"

Before I knew it, his hand had wrapped around my neck and he squeezed. His silver rings dig into my neck, sending chills down my entire body. I had lost all confidence in this conversation because Ricardo had managed to do the unexpected. I was powerless compared to him, and he wanted me to remember that he was always in charge.

I could practically feel the moisture between my legs, and I was lucky he didn't notice the way I squeezed my legs together. He pulled me closer to him, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You shut your mouth, Dove," The nickname rolled off his tongue effortlessly. I liked the new name because it made my cheeks burn.

But I was still upset with him.

"If you think for one second, that I am going to consider doing anything with you, you're lost from reality. Go find someone your age to obsess over," And with that, he let me go. I lifted my hand to my neck, longing for his fingers.

"Ric?"

I turned around, spotting a woman walk into the store. Red hair descended down her back only matching her golden skin which was decorated with tattoos. Full eyelashes surrounded her alluring siren-shaped eyes, adding more to her incredible beauty. A red dress clung to her body, highlighting her curves and she held a Birkin in her left hand. She looked older than me,  probably early 30s.

"I'm so sorry for coming in late, I just got off work. Today was a busy day at the office," She sighed, running her hands through her long hair.

"No, I get it," He assured her, his eyes on trained on her while he offered her a smile. I got the rude remarks and the irritated side while she got the smile. It stung, how he was able to act so differently with me than with her.

When she saw me, she smiled. "You never told me you had a daughter,"

"She's not my kid. I'm just servicing her car. How can I help you, Mariah?" Ricardo verbalized, not even looking at me. I suddenly glared at the man who stood before me, and I couldn't believe it. We had a connection but for some reason, he was acting like we didn't. It pissed me off.

They chatted with each other, a giggle escaping her lips every once in a while. I must have looked like an intruder just watching them but I didn't care. Why was he so rude to me when we met? Why was he so nice to her?

"So when do you think you can do the oil change?" She asked, placing her Birkin on the receptionist's desk. Ricardo grinned and mumbled, "I'm a man of my word. I told you today, and I'm ready to do it right now."

Right now? Did he just forget about my car? It sat quietly and I felt the same way. I felt alone, untouched. Ricardo was right, I was delusional. Here he was giving Mariah everything that I wanted, all of his attention.

I guess it was my fault. I read him wrong, the same mistake I made with my ex-boyfriend. How could I do this again? How could I let someone hurt me?

I cleared my throat, grabbed my jacket, and headed to the door, refusing to spare anyone a glance.

"I'm going to take an uber home,"