ELEVEN | FOUR FEARS

Start from the beginning

Celia blushed, looking down at the sweatshirt Four gave her. "No," she answered honestly.

Chris sat up straighter, "So, what happened to you last night?" She questioned as a hand was up on Celia's shoulder. Celia jumped and turned around, seeing Al.

"Celia, can I talk to you for a second? Listen, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry-" He got cut off by Celia.

"You're sorry? You're sorry?!" She almost screamed as she stood up. "Sorry is something you say when you bump into someone, not-" Al put his hand up to her mouth, not wanting her to tell everyone what he did. Celia grabbed his wrist and moved it away from her face. Then, she punched him, right in the jaw. He leaned over, holding his jaw.

Eric saw her right as she walked in, it was like he knew the exact moment she would. He watched the whole exchange with a smirk on his face, he couldn't help but notice the sweater she was wearing. Four's sweater. His jaw clenched at the idea that she slept in his apartment.

"Celia," Al didn't get to finish what he was going to say.

"If you ever come close to me again, I will kill you... You are a coward," she seethed, then she looked around, seeing everyone's eyes on her. She made eye contact with Eric for a second. She covered her mouth and stormed off, not liking the stares she was getting from everyone.

Kai followed after her, "Celia!" He exclaimed. He caught up to her when they got to the dorms. "What the hell was that?!" He looked concerned. Celia could see Chris and Will behind him.

"Just, follow me," she led them to her bed. She sat and leaned against the wall, preparing herself for what she was about to tell them. "When I was walking in the hallways last night, three masked figures came out of nowhere. I was going toward the chasm so I already knew where they were leading me. They covered my mouth and grabbed my feet. I was terrified. When they got to the chasm I fought them until I noticed something," she gulped, seeing their faces at her words. "One of the guys looked familiar so I grabbed his mask and pulled it off. Turns out, it was Al. I know the other guy was Peter. I'm guessing Peter got into Al's head and got him to do that," she explained, scared that they wouldn't believe her.

"Are you sure it was Al?" Will asked and Celia nodded her head.

"How'd you escape? It was three to one," Christina quizzed.

"Someone saw and helped me," she answered, hoping they'd give up on the questions.

"I just can't believe he would do that, it's not like him at all," Christina said dumbfounded. Then their attention was brought away and to some guys yelling.

"What's that?" Will questioned.

"Who the hell knows, we're at dauntless," Celia mused, getting up to see what was happening. They got to a part of the chasm, seeing a couple of guys pulling a rope. When they pulled it up, Celia backed away. "Oh my God."

It was Al.

Celia could feel her friend's eyes on her, she needed to get out of there. She ran off, walking through the tunnels, not even caring where she was going. Then Four came around the corner, he slowed when he saw her, obviously hearing about Al.

"Celia," she tried to ignore him but he called out again. "Celia!"

"Leave me alone," she muttered, trying to walk away. But she couldn't because he grabbed her bicep.

"I'm sorry about Al."

"It's my fault he's dead," she rubbed her forehead.

"No, it's not because of you," his tone was assertive. "He made his own choice. He would have been factionless. He was not going to pass that final test."