TEN | THE CHASM

"FAVORITE ANIMAL?" Four asked

"FAVORITE ANIMAL?" Four asked. Celia appreciated that he tried to distract her from the needle.

"This is gonna sound super basic but dogs," she answered. "What about you?"

"Same as you," he agreed. Celia felt a pinch in her neck and groaned silently. She felt her eyes start to droop, getting the same feeling as yesterday.

Celia's eyes opened, and instead of being on a chair, she was lying down on a table. She tried to get up but restraints held her down. She glanced at her hands, seeing leather straps around them. She thrashed around, trying to get out. Just then a lady came into the room. It was Stella. She walked over to a table that was next to Celia.

"Stella, let me go, please," she begged, her voice cracking. She felt weak, not being able to move, to defend herself. The fear of needles. Celia knew it was kinda childish, to be scared of needles, but childhood trauma really has effects on people.

"Stop moving, Celia," Stella spoke robotically, grabbing a syringe. Celia tensed on the table, eyeing the needle. That's when it hit Celia, this is a simulation. It's not real. She looked straight at Stella.

"This isn't real," she whispered, calming herself. She glanced down at the syringe in the older woman's hand. "Go ahead." Celia looked at the ceiling, closing her eyes.

Celia jolted up, just like yesterday, but this time, there was no hand on her shoulder. She fell back against the chair, looking at Four. She found him already staring at her, eyeing her up and down. She furrowed her brows, why was he staring at her?

"How'd you do that?" He questioned, looking intently at her as if he was trying to get her to share a secret.

"What?" She answered, confused.

"How'd you get over the fear?" He clarified, looking down at her hand.

"I don't know, I just did," she responded, looking down, hoping he'd buy it.

"You just did..." He trailed off, looking back to the computer, he clicked a couple of buttons before sitting on a chair next to Celia. She watched him like a hawk, scared he knew her secret.

"What were your test results? Your aptitude test," he quizzed, lowly.

"Amity," Celia looked him right in the eyes, trying not to give it away that she was lying, though it didn't work.

"I don't think so," he told her, bluntly. He knew she was keeping something hidden, he hoped he'd find out.

"Excuse me?" She shook her head, hoping that he would just give up.