Chapter 62

Waking up somewhere else always feels like the most confusing experience. It's like waking up in a completely different universe after passing out drunk on the floor with a goat. I'm not sure what time it is, but the fact I'm awake must mean it's somewhere close to seven already. With a yawn, I try to clear the sleep from my eyes, noting absently that someone is snuggled into my side and that their temperature is a bit lower than what's normal. Staring at the green ceiling and the plant hanging in the corner, I recall talking about frogs with Tsuyu. I guess I fell asleep at some point so here I am with Tsu attached to my side. She's very small and soft, so it's not unpleasant. I guess she clung to me because of the higher body temperature.

Lucky we don't have classes until later today so I don't have to wake her up. With nothing better to do, I'm left to lie and stare at the ceiling and wonder about what's to be done today. I'm sure the teachers will have a conversation with the student regarding the whole USJ incident and perhaps they'll announce the sports festival today as well. The last two sports festivals weren't broadcasted on live tv, much unlike the one before two that ended with some serious trouble. It's a logical thing not to broadcast the names and faces of the future heroes for all to see.

Oh and then there's Aoyama. I don't know what to do to make him feel better and I'm not sure if there's anything I can do. This whole situation must be kept between the few who already know, so no one in our class can know. I don't imagine it'll be easy to go back to acting normal now things have taken such a drastic turn.

Eventually, Tsuyu stirs into wakefulness but does not get up from her place at my side. I don't imagine she's still very cold, considering she's wrapped in her lily pad blanket and snuggled against me, so I suppose she just doesn't want to move.

"You fell asleep here" she informs me. "You were tired so I didn't want to wake you"

Very kind of her.

"And you're very warm, so I took advantage of that"

Opportunistic as well.

Having explained her nefarious reasons for having me spend the night, she finally gets up and shuffles across her room to the bathroom, wrapped in her blanket all the while.

I guess it's time for me to go then. I gotta shower and eat and get to work on our room assignments. Luckily Tsuyu is on the top floor so she won't have to move to another room. The top floor is the best for her because it's not as cold at night.

"I'm leaving!"

I get a ribbit in reply, which is as good as a formal goodbye.

Lucky for me, my room is just on the floor below this so it doesn't take long for me to be at my door. There's another fox sticker on the door today. I'm not sure who keeps putting these stickers on my door, but the first time I took them off they just came back.

I'm barely two steps into my room and my feet are attacked by claws and sharp teeth that barely graze my skin. Kurama darts around the floor as quickly as he had appeared, sliding out of sight behind my bed with a loud yip. The room is filled with the pitter patter of his paws on the carpeted floor.

"How painful"

Petty creature that he is, he darts out from his hiding spot and swipes at me, this time the attack is a noticeable sting. He disappears quickly after that, darting somewhere in my closet in an orange blur.

Compared to Kurama, Orochi is much tamer. Which is to be expected from the small snake. She's hidden somewhere in her habitat, but I did catch a glimpse of her slithering by. She hasn't been breaking out of her house lately, which is good. Can't have her roaming the halls and scaring everyone.