Animal benefactor

Morgan is usually not at home, always leaving at odd times and returning at odder times still. Sometimes she would be off with her business casual clothing as if she were meeting for business. Other times she was casual as if she was off to see her friends but not once had I seen her hero costume. It's a terrible idea to leave your house dressed as your hero counterpart, that's not what I'm talking about. It's the fact that I never saw the suit in person. I have seen it plenty of times on Tv where I would have to take a moment to remember that Morgan is indeed a hero and one pretty liked amongst the people. She has a way of charming everyone with just her presence. I could only imagine how many people have a crush on her.

I have also come to realize who her friend is and scold myself for not realizing sooner. Hell, I should have known since the very beginning it's so damn obvious. Though I had no clue she liked animals so much because every time there's a new animal, Morgan grumbles about her friend turning her house into a zoo. Morgan complains as if she isn't in love with every one of the creatures she brings back. Maybe the animals are more a gift than anything else, I'm not sure. Morgan often complains about this friend being arrogant and prideful and that she should learn to work with a team more. Then there are her jokes about rabbits when she talks about her and the many rabbits she herself seems to collect.

So o have come to a careful and precise conclusion.

Morgan's friend has to be Mirko, it could be no one else. I will be damned if it's not the rabbit hero. Her age lines up perfectly with Morgan's so it's not a far fetch.

I wanna meet her.

"Zen, watch this"

And my peace is interrupted by the one and only. Alissa manifests in my room, plopping onto my bed with this little sphere in her hand. She makes sure I'm watching before she presses the thing and has it expanding out to a pole, almost jabbing me in the neck. She wiggles her eyebrows happily, jumping off the bed to swing the thing around, displaying its sturdiness and strength.

Did she make that?

"It's solid metal, Zen" she grins from ear to ear, carefully handing me her weapon. "And it can retract as easily as it extends with just the push of a button"

I have seen things like this before in my last life, though I never trusted them as they didn't seem very durable. This on the other hand is pretty durable, comprised, as Alissa had so happily exclaimed, of solid metal. You can injure someone with this.

"You made it?"

"Of course I made it" she seems offended that I would think otherwise. "I can make stuff you know"

Knowing that she was into science, engineering, and the likes as well as dealing with one of her smoke bombs is entirely different than actually realizing that she can build legitimate things. I hadn't thought she could, but here we are and I'm quite amazed. She can build stuff. I can have her build something for me.

"What's that look on your face" I'm poked in the cheek by Alissa who questions the smile on my face. She knows well enough that there's something I have in mind.

"Will you build something for me?" I ask

"Will you pay me?" I expected that and I have multiple things I know she'll accept.

"I'll go to that amusement park with you," I say and watch her face light up with joy. If there's one thing about Lissa, it's that she likes spending time with family. Especially me. I don't know why she likes me so much, but she does and it's cute how she gets excited when I agree to do things with her.

"Anything you want, I'll make" she promises with a determined nod. "I'll even build you a space ship"

It's an obvious joke but I do wonder if she actually knows to build one.