Nine months already

"Hey, Zen"

It's been a while since I've seen Leon so I'm a bit surprised when he pops up at my door. Where in the hells has this man been? Well I know he has been in the house all this time, because well he's kind of a butler and I have been hearing his thoughts every day. While I haven't been seeing him around I can tell you that I have not missed him in the slightest because this guy here, like my good old father, has one-sided conversations with me in his head. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've burst out into laughter by the dumb stuff he tells me. My mother would always look at me like I'm crazy before she remembers that my mind roams to those of others. She also realized that Leon is very much in the house and apparently she too knows of how stupid he can be for such a refined butler.

It's funny how often my father forgets we have a butler because anytime I mention Leon he's confused until it hits him and then he too is laughing like some idiot.

"Okay, you popped up sooner than I thought" I seriously expected him to show his face after about six months or so but it's only been two months since I last saw him. He had appeared in the backyard when I was doing some workouts and we had a little competition for who could do the most pushups in a minute. I lost, but it was fun.

"Me too, but your father had something for me to do" there's a jesting tone in his voice and I understand that it has to do with the fact that my father remembered he existed.

"Wow, he remembers"

"No, not really, I think your mother told him I can take care of something for him" as he says that he pushes the door open all the way, moves away and comes back with a guitar case in hand. A case he gently places before me before retreating again and coming back with another case, one I'm sure holds a keyboard. "So yeah, he got you a guitar and keyboard"

He actually did it. I mean I did expect him to do it especially after he said he would do it, but he actually did it. I had told him that if I had to play any instrument it would be the guitar or keyboard, both would be fine too and he went along with it. Welp. I've got instruments now.

Where do I put them? My room doesn't have enough space, especially after mom had gotten me this fancy art table that I am obsessed with. That thing is amazing and makes me feel like some professional even though my art needs some work. Then there's the computer corner my mom had set up for me to do my school work and practice writing because she thinks I'm good at writing stories even when they're ridiculous.

I do remember saying that I'm interested in all three of these things, but I did not think my parents would let me indulge in all of them.

All of this in my room leaves little space so I don't see how I can accommodate a guitar and keyboard.

Before I can say this, however, Leon goes on to offer a solution.

"Your father also told me to help you move into another room since this one is too small to keep all your stuff, so we'll be pretty busy today"

"Then why did you bring this stuff to my room?"

"I didn't think it through"

"Obviously not"

Leon carefully places my new things against my wall, standing tall before me with his hands on his hips as if he's considering something.

"I think we need to get some paint for your room" he's nodding to his own statement, already walking out the door and only stopping for me to follow. With a shrug, I do just that because I completely agree. The rooms that are not occupied are all painted white or some pale colour that I do not agree with. If I'm going to have a new room I very much prefer the colours of my former.