Morgan

Morgan is always late, that I have learned from Israel, but she has made up for that by getting to us within less than twenty minutes. Either she lives very close to the airport, was already on her way, or that car is as fast as it looks. No matter the reason, she was here now, which meant we could finally leave the airport and get to where we need to be. If I'm correct Morgan is about nine or ten years older than me, which would put her at about twenty-one years. For someone of twenty-one years, she seems to be doing better than most older than her. When she sees us she flashes an award-winning smile, increasing her pace to get to us quickly. She's dressed full business mode in this nice-looking high-waisted pantsuit, so naturally, I wonder if she just came from some business transaction or something. The light color of the suit complements her darker skin nicely and she draws more than a few eyes, whether those stares be of awe, envy, or just pure wonder. The thing that strikes me the most is her hair. It's not that out of the ordinary. It's almost the same light brown as her brother and just as curly. The thing that has me staring for a while is the fact that her hair is in an afro, one that looks so goddamn amazing, yet it has me bristling. Being the person I am I would not last a day rocking an afro, because I know my hair would be blowing every which way, getting in my eyes, and overall just annoying the living hell out of me. The longer I watch her the more I consider trying it out, but the constant thought of hair in my face repels me from the ridiculous idea. I'm getting my hair cut so there will be no afros for me.

"First let me apologize for being late, I got caught up" her tone is just as playful as that smile on her lips, something that provokes a scoff from Israel, who is pointedly ignored. "Do know that my apology is just a formality"

Yes of course, why would I expect it to be anything but?

"That said, I still do have to make it up to you lot" she seems very happy with this idea if that smile is anything to go by. This woman hasn't dropped that smile since she stepped out of the car. Either she's just that happy to be seeing us or she's just the type who smiles a lot, like my father and his brother, in which case I can see the relation. If only Israel had inherited that endless enthusiasm and joy, then we wouldn't get the sometimes broody teenager who tries to put on the cool act.

"Candy," Alissa says with the most serious expression I have ever seen on her face, which is just ridiculous. Could she be any more of a child than she is?

"Okay, candy for you then, I know the best place" Morgan doesn't think twice about the request, agreeing so very easily, something that has Alissa brightening. Is she going to get us something to make up for being late?

"For you, little brother, I'll get you a game or two for that GameBoy of yours"

All is immediately forgiven with those words if that smile on Israel's face is anything to go by. Of course, a game would win his good graces that quickly. He didn't even pretend to think it over or at least try to get something more.

"And you Zena" she looks at me thoughtfully for a moment. "I hear you have a lot of hobbies so I'm not sure with you, what do you want?"

"You're just getting us anything we want?" Because if that's the case then I have a request.

"Of course. I did say I'd make it up to you, and you could consider this a welcome gift"

Huh, okay.

"A good camera and a pair of headphones" I left my other at home so my mother can document the twins for me, which leaves me without, and I have been wanting some headphones for a good while. A closed-back pair is the most desirable at the moment for its noise-canceling features first and foremost. Closed-back headphones keep sounds out and sound in, taking me away from the outside world and fully into whatever music I intend to listen to. This would truly drown out the voices that are always in my head. I want this for a simple reason. I don't mind the voices in my head so the headphones aren't for that, though I will use them for that purpose if I get a headache. The reason I want it is to help my concentration. The music will drown out nearly all if not all the voices in my head, which would make it a challenge for me to hone in on a single thought or multiple should I want to. It's practical training because my quirk cannot be useless in a loud environment.