Migrate - Self

Tell me why it's four in the morning and I come downstairs to find Mina playing monopoly with Alissa. I had already found it odd that she was not in my room, weirder still that Eijiro was the only one in bed with me. Figuring she went to pee or get something from the kitchen I didn't think much of it and just came down to get myself some warm milk so I can go back to sleep. My cup is in the microwave and I hear a groan full of nothing but frustration only to find Alissa joyfully taking monopoly money from a sorrowful Mina who had been losing apparently. I have so many questions right now. Why are they playing monopoly? Do they not realize that it's literally four in the morning? Why are they surrounded by pillows? And why are they both wearing my shirts? When had they even gotten ahold of my clothes? When they see me they act as if nothing is out of place, as if this is a normal day-to-day activity that I should not question. Well, it's not and I do question, but I don't voice any of them. When the microwave beeps, I cringe at how loud it is in the silence of the night before getting my milk and joining the weirdos in the living room.

Mina has been losing this game against Alissa since yesterday afternoon and doesn't seem to be changing her terrible fate. I had warned her beforehand, explaining to her in great detail that Alissa is far smarter than she looks and she can finesse anyone in the game of monopoly. The way she plays would make anyone hate her. The number of times Israel flipped a table because he ended up in debt to her is amazing. Even Morgan gets stressed and that's saying a great deal. It got so bad once that Morgan didn't make breakfast for her the next day. Monopoly is truly the game to destroy relationships and Alissa revels in it. The only person who hasn't lost their shit when playing her is yours truly. It's not that it doesn't annoy me, because it does. Who would want their entire property sold because there was no other way to pay what you owe? It's annoying, rage-inducing even, but because of how unnaturally calm I get when experiencing strong emotions, I remain somewhat unaffected and have yet to flip a table. If I flip a table it is because I wanted to and no other reason.

I had been attentive for the first minute or two as I watched, wanting to tell Mina what to do, but not wanting it bad enough to interfere. My mind wandered the longer I watched them until I was no longer focused on the game and instead thinking about how UA has a few changes already, or well, the one change that perhaps isn't that remarkable. Israel had taken the exam, he was recommended, but decided to take the usual exam for some reason. He received his letter of acceptance a day or two ago and he has to move into the dorms next week. They actually finished building the dorms already and that came very much as a surprise to me. The test is the same as I had expected with the robots and the zero pointers, plus the written exam in the beginning. I can't help but think that the physical is very much unfair to people who don't have very combat-oriented quirks. Perhaps it is meant to be that way. UA is the top hero school so it only makes sense they would want to weed out the most combat-focused students to attend, but, there are some less combat-oriented that could make spectacular heroes. Shinso is the greatest example and I very much would have liked for him to be I'm 1A from the get-go. I wonder how many people failed to get in because of the way the exam is set up.

There is one question that has been on my mind since the very first episode of my hero academia and that is; how in the world did some of the 1A students get in? How did Mineta get in? How did Hagakure get in? How did that animal kid get in? Okay, maybe the last isn't as questionable as the other two but I still wonder. How had Mineta utilized his sticky ball quirk to take down bots? It's a known fact that Mineta is actually pretty smart as he took ninth place when it came to the midterms - I believe it was the midterms - so perhaps he had thought up a way to use his quirk properly, but it's very hard for me to imagine.

The mysteries of this world I suppose.

~~~~~~~~

Mina is pretty good at gymnastics, that much she had made very clear to me, so I'm not surprised that she takes part in competitions. I've never watched a gymnastics competition before, they never really had my interest, but here I am one person amongst many watching the flexible boys and girls compete for a medal. I do not know anything about gymnastics despite Mina talking about it pretty often. For some reason, it's hard for me to understand how it works and even while I'm watching it now I'm not sure what's going on. All I know is that people do a bunch of things and that the boys have six apparatus and the girls four. That is as far as my knowledge goes. I'm just here to watch Mina and offer support. Understanding the sport does not come with it.