27 • mocha breve

You and Takemichi stand together, Kakuchou on the ground, while staring at Sanzu heading towards you with his Katana in hand. The grin on his lips sends shivers down your spine, it reminds you of that time.

Takemichi charged forward, trying to punch Sanzu but the blond easily gets kicked in the stomach by the later, sending him tumbling to the ground next to you and Kakuchou. "So this is the end." You hear Mitsuya scream out yours and Takemichi's name, but Sanzu already raised his blade, ready to strike you down.

"What's wrong Hanagaki!"

A loud booming voice calls out to you and you can hear the engine of a motorcycle accompanying it. Turning your head you see a big guy on a bike coming your way.

"Is this truly your end?!"

He jumps off, letting the bike ram into Sanzu. Your stare at the guy, not really comprehending what just happened. He laughs and chuckles, talking about his uniform but you barely hear his words, ears ringing. Everyone starts muttering about but you sit in silence, wondering who the dude is.

You look at Takemichi's face. He's as surprised as you are confused, looking wide eyed at the new person "Taiju-kun?!" You don't question it, believing this to be a bad moment to ask who the guy is.

You zone out while he monologs, looking over Kakuchou instead. He's conscious but seemingly too exhausted to move.

You even stay with him when Takemichi and Taiju charge towards Mikey, the later defeating anyone that comes in his way. Awestruck you watch him fight. He's strong, most definitely stronger than the Haitani's.

From next to you Kakuchou groans, catching your attention. "Kakuchou! Are you ok?" You cringe at your own question, realizing how dumb it sounded "Ignore that question." He tries to sit up so you help him. "Where's Takemichi?" You tell him about what just happened, how Taiju showed up and how they're going towards Mikey now. "He's too strong. Mikey is going to kill him." His voice is quiet and he takes a couple of deep breathes after finishing his sentence, clearly his body is at its limit.

"Get him away from Mikey." He almost topples over but you catch him just in time "Kakuchou lay down, you're at your limit." You lay him down on his side, careful of the wound on his back "Takemichi will be fine. Please rest." He doesn't say anything but you can tell that Kakuchou doesn't agree with your words.

"I'm sorry."

You hum confused, wondering what he's apologizing for. "I'm sorry for leaving you hanging. I shouldn't have cut off contact." Shaking your head you quietly disagree with him "It's understandable why you did. I'm not mad, I was just constantly worried and you were my only way of knowing about the brothers." Kakuchou closes his eyes, sighing "I'm still sorry though." You smile.

"Apology accepted."

• ~ ~ ~ •

You stay by Kakuchou's side until everything suddenly turns incredibly quiet. Worried you tell the boy that you're going to look for Takemichi. Kakuchou tried to stop you but you wouldn't listen, standing up and walking towards the battlefield.

It doesn't take long to see why everything suddenly went quiet.

Friends and foes all lie on the ground, beaten and mostly unconscious. You look for Takemichi, finding him in the same position as everyone else, struggling to get back up. Looking for the culprit doesn't take long either as you see Mikey standing amongst the bodies, his face devoid of any emotion and his eyes empty.

Immediately you run over to Takemichi, kneeling by his side to inspect him closer. His body is in bad condition with blood and dirt all over him. The last hit from Mikey must have been what got him at his limit too. The blond notices you next to him and he tries to push himself up more "[F/N] get out of here." Slowly sick and tired of people underestimating you, you curse at him "Fuck no! Look at you." You gesture to his face.

"I'm the last standing member of Toman and I will stay standing until you have some more strength. I'm not leaving you to fight Mikey like this."

He struggles to get up so you push him back down before standing up yourself, looking towards Mikey. The Mikey that killed you in the future. "[F/N] don't!" You ignore Takemichi's futile attempts to catch your attention and instead walk towards the leader of Kantou Manji Gang.

He doesn't say anything while you get closer, simply staring at you as if you don't even exist.

Sweat trickles down your neck, your uniform suddenly very restricting. You're afraid, scared, but by god will you beat the shit out of this kid. Not only is he the reason the Haitani's end up the way they did in the future but you still kind of hold a grudge against him from the time he killed you. It wasn't like he had any reason to either. He just felt like it you suppose.

"You little, blond, bimbo bitch."

You see his eyes twitch at the insult, his fists clenching and jaw tightening.

"You're really unlucky with me as you're final opponent."

You smile at him, teeth showing. "I may not be a fighter but I will not let you even touch a hair of mine, trust me."

There, for the first time you see a quick flash of anger spread over Mikey's face, you smirk.

"I'm going to kill you."