3 • latte

"So? What does your brother like?" You skim through the aisles of the convenient store from a couple days ago, Rindou by your side with his hands buried deep in his pockets. "This is stupid." Rindou thinks that simply getting his brother something to eat won't do the trick but you convinced him to go shopping with you anyways.

"If you can't cook I can help you with that." You bend down to look at some of the sweets. "You can cook?" Nodding you stand back up, walking further down the aisles with the blond following after you. "I eat at different times in the house so I gotta make my own food." Rindou takes out one of the hands in his pockets to grab a pack of pocky sticks. "Your parents don't leave you any leftovers?" You halt in your steps to turn around, leaning against the shelve.

"I don't have parents. I live in an orphanage."

Rindou looks genuinely surprised and sorry so you quickly wave it off. "It's fine. You didn't know." You pick up a different flavourful box of pocky "It's not something I'm particularly sensitive about." And turn back around.

"So any idea what to get your brother?" You look through the rest of the isle, the sweets turning into more savory snacks. "His favorite dessert is Mont Blanc, would that work?" You think for a little "Of course, but we need to go to a bakery for that." You take his box of pocky and take it with you to the cashier. Rindou runs after you and tries to stop you from paying but you already gave the money when he arrived.

"For the coffee." You wink at him and he shakes his head before quietly thanking you. It surprises you, hearing the words from him. Despite only meeting him yesterday you already figured out how he would act in certain situations. He's stubborn and bold, snappy and doesn't admit his faults easily. Seems like you don't know how to ready people as good as you think.

You frown as the memory of your second future comes to mind. You were always overly confident in your ability to read people, even in the future. After all it got you killed before.

"I know a good bakery. The housemaids go there frequently for the kids birthdays." And with that you lead the blond to said establishment.

• ~ ~ ~ •

After buying the dessert Rindou takes you to his shared place with his brother. Despite not really knowing him you trust him enough to not get you into any danger. And even if you were to get in trouble, your visions would possibly keep you safe.

While trying to cross a road you have a quick vision of Rindou almost getting run over so you grab his arm and pull him back. He turns his head to ask you why you did it but the car rushing past you both cuts him off and answers his question. He thanks you again and you simply smile at him.

"Say how old his your brother?" You have a normal conversation with Rindou while walking to his apartment, having previously talked about the reason he and his brother live away from their parents. "He's 17 and I'm 16." Your eyes grow wide "Oh shit. He's my age!" Rindou turns his head to you, eyes big and filled with confusion. "You're older than me?!" You chuckle while giving his back a few pats.

"When where you born?"

"October 20th, 1988."

"Chill out you're not that much younger than me. My birthday is on September tenth, same year."

He sighs either out of frustration or comfort. Either way he relaxed knowing that you're only a couple weeks older than him.

With some more conversation topics and a few more minutes of walking you both arrive at the building. He takes you up to their floor and to their apartment. "Ran is probably still asleep so we're gonna stay in my room." Still asleep? It's three pm, how is he still sleeping. Rindou's brother surely must like his beauty sleep then.

Quietly you take off your shoes before following Rindou to his room. The first time you would enter a guys room. Honestly you are a bit nervous and excited. Rindou is a handsome guy and you get along with him nicely. It's almost embarrassing that you're thinking like this while trying to help him. On the other hand it's already shameful enough that the reason you wanted to become friends with him in the first place was to save your sorry ass.

"Let's wait until he wakes up, shouldn't be too long." Rindou sits down on his bed and falls backwards while you awkwardly stand in the middle of his room. You look around seeing his shelves lined with CD's and as interesting as they are you can't bring yourself to walk over to look at them closer. A sudden vision shows you a pillow being thrown at your face so you dodge when it actually comes flying towards you.

Rindou looks at you with his arm outstretched from having just thrown the pillow "How did you dodge that?" You chuckle and bend down to pick it up, walking over to him and pressing it into his chest "Maybe I can see the future." The smile on your face only grows as Rindou scoffs and turns red at the way you look down on him, standing between his legs.

Somehow it makes you feel all funny inside. "Yea right." He quickly snatches the pillow making you lose your grip. You fall forward and land directly on Rindou. He grips your waist to stabilize you but his face is already buried into your chest.

Your face burns as you feel his grip getting tighter. While repeating sorry over and over you place your hands on his shoulders to push yourself up. You look down and see Rindou's face in the same state as yours. He's red all over while averting his eyes. Somehow his flustered expression makes you feel better, good enough to tease him about it. "Sorry bout that. Wouldn't think we'd be doing that so early." You can't help chuckling slightly when his hands tense up before quickly being withdrawn from your waist. He looks to the left while rubbing the sweat of his hand away on his sweatpants.

"It's fine." He mumbles, still flushed red from the tips of his ears down his neck, completely ignoring your other statement.

You both stand and sit there for a little longer before you hear a different door in the house open and close. Ran must have woken up. Rindou stands up, his chest almost touching yours from the closeness. He mutters a quiet 'sorry' under his breath before moving around you. He takes the dessert from where it was sitting on his desk and walks to his door. "I'll be right back." He leaves the room right after and you turn on your heels, falling onto his bed with a big sigh.

Not even ten minutes later Rindou comes back. "And?" Excitedly you ask to which he sighs "He forgave me." You jump up and went to hug Rindou. Your arms wrap around his neck and you bury your face into his shoulder. "I told you!" You feel his hands hover over your waist before they finally come down to grab around your middle. "Thanks. I don't think I would have been able to swallow my pride." Over and over the blond surprises you with his unusual thankfulness. With the way he looks and carries himself you doubted to ever get another thank you from him. But the universe tells you over and over to work on you people reading skills

"Awww, no problem Rin." Before either of you can let go the door swings open.

"By the way Rindou-"

In the doorway stands a young guy, taller than you and Rindou for sure. He has blond and black hair twisted in braids with lazy violet eyes, which are currently staring and you and Rindou hugging in the middle of his bedroom.

"Sorry bout that."