7 • flat white

You ended up staying the night sleeping in Rindou's bed, with Rindou. He wouldn't let you go the moment you landed in his arms so the two of you lied back and fell asleep in each other's embrace. You woke up pressed against him, his arms still holding you against his chest while his legs intertwined with yours.

You successfully wiggled out of his arms and bed after staying with him for another half an hour, reason being you were too comfortable to leave. But when your stomach grumbled for the first time you knew it was time to get up.

Now you stand in the Haitani's kitchen, one of Rindou's shirts over you while making some eggs and toast.

"[F/N]?"

The familiar voice of a certain blond rings through the apartment so you answer his call with a hum, letting him know where you are. Rindou steps around the corner, spotting you wearing his shirt while preparing the toast. He walks over to wrap his arms around your middle, resting his chin on your shoulder. The height difference isn't that big between you two, but big enough for you to get swallowed by his clothes and hidden in his embrace.

"Smells good." Rindou's breath fans against your skin and you can feel yourself heating up. "Why didn't you wake me?" His voice is deeper than usual, with him just having woken up he also sluggishly leans against you. "You looked so pretty sleeping so I left quietly." His arms tighten around you for a second "Yea but apparently not before stealing one of my shirts." You chuckle before setting the toasts onto their plates.

You turn your body to face him, looking into his violet eyes while pushing at his chest. "Foods ready. Sit down." Grumbling he let's go before taking a plate to the couch.

"Should we wake up Ran?"

"Absolutely not. You know he needs his beauty sleep."

Quietly snorting you take your own plate to the living room area to sit down next to Rindou. He already started eating when you sat down, enjoying your cooking with every bite. "Wanna go out today?" He nods, humming as a response.

You decided that waiting any longer would do you no good so today will be the day you confess. In hopes of achieving a better future you actually ended up falling hard for the Harry Potter rip-off, you just hope that his presence in your life won't make it worse than it was before.

"By the way. Can you and Ran teach me some of your gangster skills?"

Rindou chokes on his last bite, coughing and hitting his chest to get himself under control. Quickly swallowing he turns to you "What?" You on the other hand take another bite, calmly "Can you teach me how to fight?" Silence fills the room as the blond processes your question.

"Why?"

You shrug "I don't know. To protect myself?"

"From who?" His brows are furrowed and his lips turn into a frown "I can protect you."

As much as you want to get flustered at his words you hold back the squealing for later. "From anybody. And what if you're not there to protect me? Wouldn't it be better if I at least know how to defend myself." You take your last bite, listening to Rindou sigh. "Listen. I don't want to become a thug like you and Ran. I just want to be able to protect myself, especially now that I'm involved with gangsters." He looks as though he takes offense to the last word but you brush it off. It's the truth and Rindou knows that.

Being around the Haitani brothers who control Roppongi will soon get the attention of other gangsters and thugs, making you a target.

"Just so you can defend yourself. I don't want you going around beating anybody up." Chuckling you scoot closer to lean your head against his shoulder "That wasn't one of my plans but ok."