25 • robusta coffee

The day of the fight approaches faster than you thought. Every day you have more trouble to fall asleep, taking medication to get your mind to rest by force. Takemichi told you he'd be coming over to pick you up since you don't have a ride.

But he never came at the ninth.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!"

You curse while scrambling around the place, pulling on your clothes in a rush while combing your hair and brushing your teeth. With the amount of melatonin you took of course you would sleep through your alarm and Takemichi betrayed you, leaving you at home without picking you up. He sent a text explaining his reasoning.

'I can't let you take part in this fight, especially now that I know how dangerous it is for you. Sorry.'

Sorry? "Sorry my ass." You pull the shirt Chifuyu gave you over your head before quickly getting your coat on. You leave it open while running to the front door, putting on your shoes and hastily tying the laces. You trip over your own feet as you run out of the door, almost forgetting your keys. You mutter more curses under your breath as you run down the stairs and towards the train station to take a ride to Yokohama. You already know that the fight will take place at the old cargo bay.

You don't take a seat while riding the train, standing by the door, impatiently waiting to arrive at the other station.

Your foot shakes and your constantly tap your finger against the metal bar you're holding. The few other passengers give you very strange looks and considering your get up you can't even blame them. You would have stared too.

Roughly 45 minutes later you get out, running towards the cargo bay as fast as possible. You're lungs burn your legs barely functional as you trip every so often. You ignore the sting in your chest, pushing on and picking up your pace. Your eyes water and a few stray tears fly from the corners of them. You shake the tears away, no way you're letting your emotions get to you right now. You have a fight to be at.

Once you reached the cargo bay you can already hear the voices and screams of many men and boys, fighting, punching and crying out. You're definitely late, but not too late. You lean against one of the crates, catching your breath, holding onto your chest to ease the stinging pain in your lungs. It takes a couple minutes but eventually you jog over to the action. The moment you make eye contact with one of the many guys you get tackled from all sides.

You avoid punches and kicks left and right, ducking and jumping out of the way when needed.

"[F/N]!" Angry noticed you and you run over to him, bringing the hoard with you. "What are you doing here? Takemitchy said you aren't coming." He fights off every single guy you brought with you, while you cower on the ground behind him, cursing Takemichi's name to hell.

"Takemichi is a big, fat liar."

He stays quiet, successfully fighting off the hoard.

"Do you know where the Haitani's are?"

He turns around, his blue eyes meeting yours "They were fighting Mitsuya and Hakkai earlier. They should be around the crates over there." He points to a rather crowded direction and you follow it with your eyes, trying to see through the mass. "Alright. Thanks." You get up but before you could walk away he places a hand on your shoulder "Will you be alright?" Nodding you shrug off his hand and in that moment Smiley calls out to his twin "You're busy. I can handle myself." You nod at each other before splitting up.

You run through the crowd, dodging punches here and there. You make yourself as small as possible, trying to evade the attention of the people around you. They seem busy enough so you slip through with ease.