An hour later, Nik takes her home.

As soon as she walked out the door, the whole house just felt empty. I feel empty without her being with me.

I fill some time in by playing my guitar. Music can heal all wounds.

"We're going to go to Brexley's house. You coming?" Nik barges into the room.

Yes. Keep my mind occupied.

Without saying a word, I put my shoes on and follow him out the house.

Nik, Wyatt and I sit in silence as we drive to Brexley's home.

We pull up to a small home, blue siding with two small windows in the front. The grass is tall, even overgrowing onto the concrete of the driveway.

Since it's labeled as a suicide, the house is just abandoned. Luckily, it doesn't look like squatters have claimed this place yet.

"Even though cops aren't watching this place, be on the lookout for anyone else." Nik informs, walking out of the car and up to the door.

The old chipped white door creaks as it opens.

The pungent smell of old, rotted blood stings my nose as I walk in behind Nik.

Nobody has come to clean up the bio hazards all around this place, or to collect memorabilia. It's honestly kind of sad, knowing she didn't have anyone who cares enough to collect special possessions, clothes, pictures, anything.

Blood pools on the carpet, leaving a trail to the bathroom. I follow the dried blood to the bathroom and see little to no blood anywhere in it. Only three small drops in the shower.

"Whoever did this, was an amateur, I don't think Jack did it." I say out loud for the guys to hear.

"Unless he wanted to make it seem that way." Wyatt adds.

"I'm telling you that Jack didn't do this." I state with anger rising.

Wyatt straightens his back, looking me directly in the eye, "and I'm telling you, I'm almost positive it was him."

"What the fuck is your problem, man?" I push him back, suddenly feeling like he needs to take a step back before I fuck him up.

"Jett shut the fuck up, Wyatt, go over there and give Jett some space." Nik orders.

Wyatt listens, turning away from me and going to examine the kitchen.

Nik stands in front of me, shoulders as broad as ever.

"Wyatt has a point, Jett. Don't write it off so quickly."

It's not my fucking brother.

"You think it's him too?" I scoff.

He shrugs, "not sure yet. Jack may not have done this, it does seem like something a newborn would do. That's a whole new problem though. If someone is creating newborns, this town won't be safe anymore, all humans will be at risk, and if it's not Jack's doing, it'll lead him straight to us."

Fuck, I hate when you're right when I'm angry.

My fingers flip my naturally bleach blond hair out out my face in frustration.

"Now, help us look for something her soul may be tied to." Nik responds, understanding my silence.

"We're not bringing it to a witch, are we?" I groan.

I hate witches. Always double crossing, lying, getting involved in things that don't involve them.

"We want to know what happened, don't we?" Nik smirks as he backs away from me.

Fuck. Not only is someone creating newborns, we have to see a witch so we are one step ahead.

I shuffle through some dusty belongings in Brexley's living room. It's been a long time since I've been in a home that didn't have a TV. Her couch is one of those old dingy yellow couches from the nineteen thirties. Zoey would probably love upcycling this.

"I don't think there is anything in the second bedroom...or office, whatever that room was. Nothing screamed important." Wyatt tells Nik and I.

Just as I hear Wyatt walking into the living room, I notice a small box that has silver wax surrounding the boarders.

"Don't move!" Nik yells from the doorway, stinging my ears.

"What?" I yell back with stiff shoulders.

"You've been alive for how long and you still don't know to never touch things that is sealed with wax?"

"I wasn't going to touch it!" I defend myself.

I was totally going to touch it.

"What is it?" Wyatt asks.

I shrug, not understanding the big deal. It's a small wooden box with some wax. What harm could come from this?

"I'm not sure what it is, but the witch we're going to see will." Nik informs as he grabs a small dirty throw blanket and grabs the box without his skin touching it.

"It's just a box, dude." I laugh at him being such a worrywart.

His eyes shoot daggers as he looks at me, the red ring around the pitch black of his eyes tell me just how serious he actually is.

I throw my hands up in surrender.

This witch better know something.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!