Home, Sweet Home

We walk through the doors into the airport terminal. I scan the wide room for a familiar face.

"Holly!"

I hear a voice calling me. I know that voice.

I see Frank running up to me.

He picks me up and swings me around.

"Fuck, I've missed you so much" he gushes as he places his lips on mine.

"I've missed you too" I smile. "And these lips". I kiss him back.

"Gee!" I hear a squeal and look over. Gerard and Anna are in the same embrace as me and Frank.

"It's so good to have you back in my arms" Gerard says to Anna as their lips magnetically move together for a long awaited kiss.

Frank places his hand in mine so we can all go collect our luggage together.
All the while, telling me that he has made our home so special for when I arrive. He's even gone out and bought all new bedding so I can feel comfortable in my new home.

"You are so sweet but you didn't have to do that" I say to him, smiling.

"Only the best for my girl" he replies back.

We grab all the suitcases off the carousel and put them on a trolley, hoping they don't fall off when we wheel them to the car.
We manage to squeeze them all in the back but only with a bit of a struggle.
Gerard has to have one of Anna's on his lap due to the amount she has packed.
We all know from before, she's not the most lightest of travellers. She will pack anything that she thinks she might needs.

Frank's car is a nice 4x4 vehicle so there is plenty of room to relax before we get to Gerard and Anna's house to drop them off.

Once we get there, we help them unload all of Anna's suitcases on to the driveway and Gerard starts dragging them up towards the house.

I look at Anna's new home.

"Wow Anna, this is amazing" I smile at her. She smiles back and looks at the house.
It's a two story, 4 bedroom building. White stone walls and big windows at the front.

She turns and hugs me. "I love you. This is the start of an amazing new life".

I feel a bit choked up as I hug her back. It still all seems so surreal.

"Don't forget, we are only 5 minutes drive down there" laughs Frank as he points down the tree lined road ahead.

I hug her tightly one more time before getting back in Frank's car.
She has the biggest smile on her face as I wave her goodbye when we drive off.

Now it's time to see my new home.

We pull up at this large, red brick building.
White windows and a large lawn out the front.
We drive up the driveway and stop outside the garage doors.

"Home sweet home" smiles Frank as he turns the car engine off.

I jump out of the vehicle and stare at the house.
My house. My home. Still so surreal.

I walk around to the back of the car and get my cases out. Frank helps me carry them to the white front door and inside the house, into the hallway.

A large staircase is in front of me and I can see down the hall that it leads to the kitchen.

I hear a patter of paws coming from around the corner and a little black and white face appears with floppy ears.

"This is the other girl in my life" Frank giggles. "I'd like you to meet Lois"

I crouch down on the floor and hold my hand out. Lois walks up to me and sniffs my fingers, then gives them a little lick.

"I think that means she likes you" laughs Frank.

I smile at Lois and she walks closer to me, her tail starts to wag.

"You are a beautiful girl" I tell her. All of a suddenly, she has jumped on my legs and pushed me back on the floor, giving my cheek several happy licks.

"C'mon Lois, let's get Holly settle in upstairs" Frank tells her and she steps back, still wagging her tail with excitement.

Frank grabs two of my suitcases and heads up the stairs. I follow him, not knowing where the bedroom is.

I walk into a room and there is a large bed all made up with a black cover and large black pillows.

"Here is where the magic happens" he laughs as he places my suitcases on the floor. "I've made plenty of space in the closet and cupboards for all of your things and even given you space in the bathroom for all of the lady things"

I smile at him and walk over to give him a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and looks me in the eyes.

"This is perfect Frank" I say as I give him a kiss.

"Wanna see how comfy the bed is?"  He chuckles and jumps into the bed. He lays his head in the pillow and taps the empty side of the mattress for me to lie down too.

I crawl up the bottom of the bed and rest my head on to the pillow.

"Wow this bed feels like I'm laying on a cloud" I laugh.

Suddenly we hear the patter of paws on the wooden floor and Lois appears. She jumps up on the end of the bed and pounces to the spot in between me and Frank.

Her tail is wagging as she lays down.

"So, you think you can settle here?" Asks Frank as Lois looks up and licks his face.

"I think I'm already settled" I answer him. I look down at Lois and then look back to Frank.
"I couldn't be more settled if I tried".

Frank leans over to kiss me. As his lips touch mine, I feel a wetness on my cheek from a dog tongue.

We both laugh as we look down at the happy dog.

"This is perfect" smiles Frank. "My two favourite girls, home at last"