#25

FEMI AND ABENI.

“Femi! We really should go visit your mother, she may be going through some though time”

Abeni said with her rag in her hand, she used it to clean the house earlier.

Femi sighs.

“I mean this is apparently two weeks since Rotimi was gone, don’t you ever think of what she might be going through”

“please give me a break Abe, she caused all these things, she’s the reason behind it, always making decisions without asking the family if we are in support, please let her carry her own cross.”

Femi said putting his legs on the sofa to a more comforting position will enable him to watch the television at ease. Abeni was equally surprised.

“Femi! Femi!! Repeat what you just said!”

Abeni said, folding both arms to the amazement of what Femi just uttered from his mouth.

“Are you becoming deaf already?”

“Eh! Femi! Is it me you’re referring to as deaf?”

Abeni said a bit pissed off. Femi noticed it and looked at her then heaved a sigh.

“Abeni dear! You know I didn’t mean it, I only asked a question, if you didn’t get what I said the first time!”

Abeni still stood with her arms folded, almost upset.

“It’s fine…”

Abeni said and laves him. Femi looks at her and sighs. gets up and goes after her.

 “I said I’m sorry now, eh! See, you can’t be angry with me ooo, it doesn’t suit you”

But this time Abeni was sincerely not in the mood, she sweeps his hands off her shoulder and heads back to the kitchen to continue her cleaning.

Femi looks at her stiff to her choice, then he lets her,

“Ok fine, well go n see her tomorrow.”

Femi said so as to please her, but Abeni's response was quite the shocking one.

“I’m not interested anymore”

“Ah! Abba! Na! E never reach like that naww (Ah! it hasn’t come to this)”

Femi said, turning her around to get her attention. At least, Abeni was his forever and he just knew how to appease her gods.

“Babe you want my heart to stop beating eh! I said we will go now, eh don’t treat me like this, I may not survive the next seconds”

Femi said, bending his neck over to her and holding her waist. Abeni had no other choice than to just fall for the fact that Femi knew how to get on her good side.

“You better avoid me!”

She said using the rag at which she used to clean the kitchen to pursue him, and for some reason, they were at the parlor together.

“Did you really mean what you said?”

Abeni asks, looking him in the eyes.

“The fact that if you’re deaf? Of course not!”

Femi said, giving her a kiss.

“Stop joor, stop dodging the question”

Abeni asked this time to be more serious.

“Yes! I meant it, but then come to think of this I understand a hundred percent that she’s my mother, but truth be told babe, she caused everything that has happened here, right from even accepting to marry chief what was in her mind, to the disowning of Rotimi”