#21

#21

He found it difficult to sleep. Boluwatife was snoring from his room. The breeze of the night was good enough to make anyone sleep.

Switched on the reading light and brought out the files. Stares at it.

" is this killer? In broad daylight? No Fear of God? In such a respectable place? Not minding his a family man? "

Just in his thoughts when he got a message.

" you're amazed right"

He looked at it and replied.

" where are you?"

Typing...... Last seen.

He sighs and drops his phone. Brings the list of men and found out that this person who recently died was the last on the case list.

" Lawal, senator Lawal. Wait!"

About the pictures of these men who died and the letters carved on them. He joins them together

" R O- T I- M I, Rotimi? No! No!!"

It was here that it dawned on him what has becomes of him, he had been a lip Christian and not a reflection of what he claims to be. His prayer life now reflects how cold he had become.

"Sam!"

Takes the notes you always picked from their sides.

" the W. O. S. I death"

" the wages O. S. I death"

" The W. O. Sin . I death"

" the wages of sin is death, no! No! Rotimi why?"

Sam figured out everything and was hurt. He knew the penalty for this is death by hanging and it was the person in charge of the case who had the place to pronounce the judgement.

Sam was heartbroken and in tears. Indeed wanted to cover up Rotimi but Boluwatife eavesdropped at every scream of disappointment Sam made. This was to Boluwatife a moment of greatness, he had no business with Rotimi, he took it personal.

Sam takes his jacket and keys to go and meet Rotimi at Seyi's house.

Boluwatife get up and took the evidence on his phone and drove to the academy to report to the D.I.

The heart of men is desperately wicked

Sam went to Rotimi's place and Knocks.

Rotimi was home but ignored the knock.

" Rotimi, Rotimi it's Sam"

" I know, come in"

She said with no remorse on her face. Faces down.

Rotimi was cleaning her weapons, the blades and the guns.

Scared.

" they always leave clues- to find them"

Sam swallows hard remembering what Boluwatife told him about serial killers.

" they can kill thousands in a day and mess with detective Minds"

" colours clothes that will not lead them to where they are but another place to distract the D.I's"

Swallows hard again.

Rotimi had been looking at him since. Checks her time.

" oops, I guess it's party time"

Sniffs her cocaine drank the milk she mixed with alcohol.

Stands up with her briefcase and her gloves and nose mask goes outside watching Sam still stranded on what to say.

" senator Lawal was indeed a family man-"