#17

#17

Brushes her hair, looking also at the mirror. This was making it yet a week since she agreed to the mess she got herself into. Packs them up and took her bag. Oluwaseyi was coming out from his room too, they met in the sitting room. Rotimi heaved a sigh and looked at Oluwaseyi who was adjusting his tie.

"It's another week Timi, get to smile"

Oluwaseyi said dragging her chin to let her smile, but Rotimi was yet in another exhausting period.

Then Oluwaseyi changed his tone and expression.

"If you're not happy about it you can stay home"

Rotimi turns immediately and looks at him.

"Why? What's that tone for?"

"Nothing"

He said taking his briefcase and going out.

"Hey! Are you just going to leave like that without me?"

"Go make new friends"

Oluwaseyi said making sure his tone appeared very cold, as he walks out and Rotimi runs after him.

Rotimi couldn't keep Oluwaseyi's pace then she thought of something that would make him lower his pace

"By the time you return do well to give my corpse a befitting burial as it will wait for you by the bridge"

Oluwaseyi knows that Rotimi could be daring sometimes but he refused to stop even though he really wanted to. Rotimi saw that Oluwaseyi didn't stop neither did he turn back. She looks at him go as she tries to normalize her breathe, she goes back to the house and changes the gown and the heels she wore. She took a big shirt of hers an a short, took boots and her shades and heads out

"New friends huh! Unbelievable"

She said as she takes a walk down the subway leading to the bridge and train station, a loud house was located there too.

She walked slowly talking to herself and enjoying the peace and quiet she was having with herself. Just at the edge of the subway her head began to flash memories and they were hurtful, she leans against the wall to get hold of herself, then she lifts her head again and finds some boys that passed her laughing, it pisses her off, just when she was about to stand erect another scene flashes in her head, taking her back to when she was sixteen standing there at the sub way with a cone of a melting ice-cream, waiting for her dad who promised to come pick her from there.

Then some group of boys came walking laughing saying she's some stupid kid waiting for her boyfriend, the laughter was hunting, that was the early stage of her PTSD. The memory was too hard that she began voicing out

"Dad...I'm waiting where are you?"

Then, it took her to the actual event when she was five waiting at the same place with an ice-cream in her hand waiting for her dad this time was a group of girls laughing at their social media handle it had nothing to do with her.

"Dad...I'm waiting, where are you"

"I'm here darling"

"Dad"

She said as she ran and hugged her father. Then the pain in her head stopped

"Dad??"

She said loud raising her head up and saw a small girl who stood at the other end of the subway with a melting cone, from the cone it looked like she has waited for a very long time. She stared at the girl like though she was looking at her 16 year old self.

She got up trying to walk to her to comfort her, remembering the boys that passed her laughing had passed by her too. With her shaking legs she tried to walk to go meet her but before she went close to her, the girl walked herself to the road when a moving car from the other end was coming, Rotimi shouts at her and ran to meet her, but the girl was just so depressed to give herself a reason to live, before she reached her the moving car hits her and which made her body fly to the side of the subway and the car kept moving.