Chapter One : I'm Home

Saturday September 7th 1985

Finally back home, I hadn't told Dustin I was back but I had told my mum and she was fine with it being a surprise for him. I finally landed in Hawkins airport, mum had already rented me a car for me to drive to the address as she'll be at work and Dustin at school, I looked down at my watch as I got in the car 2:30pm, mum said Dustin gets back at 4:30pm so I had 2 hours to get home and ready to surprise him. "Home" I thought to myself, that felt weird.

I finally got 'home' at 3:00pm I took the spare key from under the mat where mum said it was and went up to my bedroom, I got out of my airport clothes, you know the basic comfy joggers and hoodie and put something more presentable on as mum said she wanted to go out for a dinner tonight to celebrate me being back, I started unpacking my bags and putting stuff away leaving out a few outfit options for tonight, I hopped in the shower until it was 4:05pm when I finally settled on a crush velvet purple mini dress with black thigh high boots and a small black cardigan to cover up the top half a little bit, I put on some Smokey black eyeshadow and white winged eyeliner with clear gloss and threw my long curly (h/c) hair into a messy bun with bits draping down the side to make it look 'effortlessly' good. I was applying some mascara when I glanced over at the clock "shit it's 4:28pm" I mumble to myself as I quickly finished up and ran down the steps as I heard the door be opened.

The medium height boy with curly hair and braces turned around and squealed a little in shock when this older guy with long curly hair runs over "what happened Dustin? You alright?!" He said checking Dustin over not even acknowledging me "YN?!" Dustin yelled running and hugging me "hey little guy, not so little anymore are you?" I laughed as I hugged him back embracing him, the long hair boy just stood and stared at me, confused but you could see in his eyes intrigued, the clearly metal head coughed to alert Dustin of his presence. "Eddie! Sorry forgot you was there! This is yn! My sister" he said as he then turned to me "yn! This is Eddie he's the leader of hellfire club and like pretty much my best friend" he added with his toothy smile.

"It's nice to meet you Eddie!" I smiled as I put my hand out for him to shake, he was hesitant at first but then proceeded to shake it and give me a faint smile, we stared into each other's eyes for a moment when suddenly- "when did you get back you n? Why are you back? How long are you back for? Does dad know you're back?" He said at a speed that was too fast to answer but slow enough to understand. "Alright Dusty give me a second" I smiled at him thinking about how I will answer without telling him the full truth. "I got back today 2pm to be exact, I'm back because I miss you, I'm back permanently and do you really think dad would let me just ponder off on a airplane without any knowledge?" I added laughing at the thought of dad figuring out I've left, I didn't tell him I left nor would he have noticed but that's a story for another time and surely not for Dustin.

A/N - 617 words short first chapter but they'll get longer as we go along 😅