"Remember? Selina, she couldn't see you. The tint of your first Aston Martin before you drove it into the lake was 5%. Also, The Mayor and his wife have stopped by. Don't forget to say your greetings,"

"Didn't you marry the Mayor?" I verbalized, earning a giggle from her. "That was 21 years ago, in New York," She slapped my ass, and I winced playfully. "Now, go,"

I pulled out a mirror and fluffed my brown strands. A little while later, I found myself greeting the Mayor and his wife, Samantha. When they were called elsewhere, I moved through the busy crowd and made my way to my father who was talking to his lawyers. It was a rule—I made sure I was on good terms with my father's lawyers. After all, they were the best in the country.

After greeting the lawyers, I found myself engaged in a conversation with Mimi Rose Prescott. I could only smile and nod for a limited amount of time, the woman could talk for hours. Finally, I grabbed a glass of champagne from the waiter and leaned against the temporary bar. 

"You look like a broken condom," Serafina said, her eyes running over my outfit.

"At least, I'm not a failed abortion," I smiled.

She rolled her eyes and walked off. Serafina had a mouth that was too mature for her face. In front of my parents, she acted innocent but when they were making out god knows where she was insulting me left and fucking right.

The lights dimmed down while my father walked onto the temporary stage. As the music and the chatter dialed down, people began to turn their heads and face him, waiting for what he was going to say. I leaned in a pillar, my arms crossed. Oh god, he was going to say something about me, wasn't he?

"Hello. Anyone home?" He asked, earning a few chuckles from the audience. "I know you all want to get back to flirting in my manor, so I'll make this quick. Today, we are here to celebrate my daughter's Graduation. I wanted to thank you all for coming. Some of you may remember the last party we had for my daughter, Selina Aakifah," I pinched the bridge of my nose, cringing while people looked me up and down.

"She had just graduated high school and was on her way to University. That was four years ago, and now, she has graduated. She has just started her music career, something she is really passionate about. The fans already love her, and I never expected less. She must have gotten her charisma from her mother—," The audience laughed, and I glanced at my mother who was blushing at my father's words.

"I want to propose a toast to my daughter for making me the proudest father in the world," He raised his glass in the air, a genuine smile on his face while he looked at me. "So to Selina's persistence, motivation, and dedication,"

The crowd sipped on their drinks before they clapped for me. I thanked the people that were around me, my hands starting to shake. I couldn't handle the attention on me, it made me feel nauseous.

"Hey, sweetheart. What's wrong?" I turned my head, spotting my mother who walked toward me. Her green eyes pierced into mine, and I forced a smile. It was so hard to lie to my mother, she was so loving and I hated when I had to lie to her.

"I think the shrimp was bad. It's messing with my stomach. I'm gonna go to the bathroom," I said, pushing past her before she could say anything.

I just needed to get out of there.