Talking with Fenrys

I can tell Rowan knows that I am hiding something from him but I just can't bring myself to tell him about the baby not yet anyways.

While we continue our journey, my mind wanders to the days that I was trapped with Mauve and Cairn.

The iron box, the chains, and the mask that was over my face and never came off. The torture I suffered. Fenrys having to sit there and watch while everything happened.

Fenrys comes up beside me.

"Those days are over, Aelin," he whispers.

"I know but they still haunt me and how did you know what I was thinking about?" I ask him.

"Your face gave it away. I still think about being trapped there too," Fenrys tells me.

"You never seem like you do," I tell him.

"Because after centuries of that kind of stuff it gets sort of easier to let go of it and let it be in the past," he says.

I sigh.

"Thank you, Fenrys," I tell him.

"For what?" He asks me.

"For being there with me. For never leaving my side when all of it was happening. I don't know how I can repay you for it but let me know how I can repay you and I will," I say.

"I didn't do anything to help get you out of it," he says.

"If you weren't there than I would have let them break me. Fenrys, you helped me get through it by just being there with me and not to mention you risked your life for me when I escaped. You could have died when you disobeyed Mauve," I tell him.

"I just wish I could have done more," Fenrys says.

"You did enough. I can't thank you enough," I tell him.

I give him a reassuring smile and he returns the smile.

Rowan comes up beside me.

"We've got about a day left until we reach Terrasen," he tells me.

I nod.

The feeling of nausea feels me and I rush away from everyone and into the woods. I don't care who follows me.

Once I can't hold it in anymore I stop running. I drop to my knees and hurl my guts up.

"Aelin!!!" I hear the familiar voice of my mate yell.

I feel him rush over to me. He grabs my hair out of my hands and holds it back and he gently rubs my back.

I continue to hurl my guts up for at least 5 more minutes.

Once I finish I look behind me to see Rowan, Fenrys, Gavriel, Elide, and surprisingly Lorcan all standing there.

"Aelin what-" Rowan starts.

"Nothing. I'm fine," I say cutting him off.

They all give me skeptical looks but I ignore them.

"We need to keep moving!" I tell them.

They all sigh as I walk past them.