Museum Travelogue

Start from the beginning

"I don't see any reason to worry. No one would connect the dots and realize that the cute, chubby little merman in the photo is you," Jade reassured him, transforming into his mer-eel form.

"Floyd's right. Why limit yourself to two legs when you can enjoy swimming with eight?" Floyd suggested playfully.

"Hmph. Let's drop it, please. I'll slip the photo back in its place. The rest of you can explore the museum," Azul replied.

"Okay! Let's go, Blue Shark. There's a display of a mermaid princess's silver comb over here!" Floyd exclaimed, grabbing Tokaku's hand and eagerly pulling her away.

"I saw a picture of that comb in the pamphlet earlier. Isn't it clearly a fork, not a comb?" Ace questioned, observing the fork-like display.

Jade chuckled. "Well, that's how it might appear to you land-dwellers."

Meanwhile, Enma decided to stay with Azul. "Aren't you joining them?" The grey-haired male asked.

"I want to keep an eye on you until the photo is back in place," the black-haired male replied, glaring at him while crossing his arms.

"You're so suspicious. I'll put it back right now." Azul carefully tucked the photo into the wall filled with commemorative pictures. "I once thought that if I could erase every photo of my past, I could erase my past itself - the years I spent as a slow and foolish octo-twerp. But the Sea Witch never hid her past mistakes. Instead, she worked hard to restore her reputation and earn the respect of the people. I always said I wanted to be like her...but in the end, I couldn't accept my own past. I kept rejecting it."

"You possess a power greater than magic, you know," Enma stated.

"What do you mean?" Azul asked.

"Your incredible diligence is so rare that it left the head mage speechless," Enma explained.

"You...think so? Heh. You don't have to butter me up like that. All I wanted was to get back at those kids who used to make fun of me," Azul confessed to Enma.

"By the way, have you and Eurus apologized to each other?" Enma inquired.

"Of course, we have. Thanks to your advice, our boss-employee relationship has improved tremendously," Azul confirmed.

"That's great to hear!" Enma exclaimed happily, but before he could say more, Grim called out to him. "Hey, Enma! You wouldn't believe the size of the dinosaur they had in there!"

"That wasn't a dinosaur. It was a sea dragon- a type of underwater monster. The Sea Witch's cave entrance was said to be made from sea dragon bones...or so the legends claim." Jade provided a demonstration with a mischievous smile.

"They've got a replica of the Sea Witch's cauldron, too," Floyd added.

"Really? They have a cauldron under the sea, too?" Deuce was surprised.

"How do you heat things up in the water, anyway?" Ace asked.

"Uhhh... Beats me. Azul, you tell 'em!" The messy teal-haired male called Azul.

"Very well. Fair warning, though. I charge a steep price for playing tour guide," the grey-haired male agreed.

Meanwhile, Tokaku was stunned as her eyes ogled at the Sea Dragon's bone fossil replica. Jade noticed her attention being attracted to the replica and talked to her.

"You seem to show a rather interesting in the Sea Dragon, Eurus."

"This what you called Sea Dragon reminds me of the urban legend back in my world," the blue-haired girl said.