Chapter 14: Sunrise

Reu woke up on his bed in the house. He couldn't remember how he got there. It was about 5am the next day.

He decided to go for a run. He stood up from his bed and saw Alvin sitting on his reading table sleeping.

"What is he doing here?" Reu asked himself. He left the room and the house and jogged, jogged and jogged.

"Aargh!" Reu exclaimed and stopped jogging. He was panting heavily and his head hurt like shit.

He should go back to the house. He held until his knees as he saw flashes of images he couldn't make out.

His head was pounding and it was now 7am. He hadn't taken his drugs for so long.

His mum would kill him. Drops of sweat broke out in his face as he clenched his fists. He saw, he saw a little boy with brown hair running with a girl with darker hair.

They both seemed not more than 7. The excruciating pain finally subsided but his head still hurt. Panting heavily, Reu returned to the house

When he walked into the kitchen for water, he saw Eldaah looking out the window, looking at the sun rise.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Eldaah said. "Yeah, I guess." Reu said. Eldaah turned to face him. "It wasn't safe for you to go out on your own like that and in the early hours of morning Reu."

It was times like these Reu wished to put a fucking thread and needle through Eldaah's lips, but he made a point.

Eldaah sighed. "I brought these to your room and noticed you were gone."

Reu looked at the hot cup of tea, 2 waffles and pain killers set on a tray. "How're you feeling?" Eldaah asked. "Head still hurts a little but I'll be fine."

"Do you wanna skip school?" Eldaah asked. Reu hadn't thought of all this. He thought now of the most important issue...his mum.

"Did you tell my dad?" Eldaah looked at Reu. He studied him and placed the cup of coffee in his hands down. "No, not yet. I.."

"Don't tell him." Reu cut him short. "He's your father. He deserves to know." "Eldaah please. I'll be fine. Don't tell him, I beg you. If you do, I'll be gone before you know it."

Eldaah looked at his friend. His friend was scared. He saw the image of the little boy he met in the 7th grade who he saved from bullies.

The skinny child who had turned into a handsome teenager. He looked at the boy whose father had raised him (Eldaah) for 7 years and paid for his intuition for college.

If not for Reu, Eldaah would've still been in Israel. "Yeshua..." Eldaah said. "get ready for school Reu. Are you coming?" "No. I'll bunk. For today only. Please, don't tell Dad." Reu said.

"I won't." Eldaah said and left the kitchen.

Reu took the tray to his room and did the needful. He needed to rest to get rid of the headache. Alvin and Eldaah had left for school.

He was alone so he went to the one place he was allowed to embrace his artistic nature with people who understood.

Reu walked to Handsons Wood Work Shop. When he entered, the bell  at the front door rang, alerting that a customer had just come in.

The shop was filled with lovely furniture and household decorations. Reu came here for inspiration and to learn woodwork.

He went to the backroom where the sound of saws meeting wood filler his ears.

"Mr. Handson, good day sir." "Ah, Reu. Haven't seen you in a long time. How're you doing?"

"I'm great sir." Mr. Handson was a big black man with white beards who loved construction and furniture. He was Tina's dad. Tina went to Red Hill.

She usually hangs around with Gabby and some other girls. "Why aren't you in school child?" Mr. Handson asked.

"Wasn't feeling too well." Reu said. "Get better soon okay. Can I help you with something?"

"Could I please go to the basement? I'd really like to paint." Mr. Handson laughed and said, "Go ahead. Knock yourself out"

Reu thanked him and left to the basement. He sat down on the chair and studied the materials before him. Then he grabbed a brush and began to paint the canvas on the easle.

A/N
QOTD: What are your favorite hobbies?
Mine are writing✍️
Dancing💃
Singing 🎤
Painting🎨
Acting🎬
Drawing✏️
Etc.

Hope you are enjoying the story. I know it's a bit boring right now but pay attention, every thing, every detail is just a spec that makes the big picture. Things are gonna go down soon. Stay safe.
~Dianee😊