Chapter 5: Real Love K-Boy

Reu glanced at his watch, 9:25 on the dot. "Gather round everybody" a voice called out. He looked to see a guy standing a little farther from them around the bonfire. People came around and sat on logs and became quiet to listen to him.

"I hope everyone has had a great night?" he said and the air was filled with 'yeah's' from happy teenagers. "This place would be trash by morning." Alvin whispered in Reu's ear.

He didn't even know when Alvin sat next to him. "Kinda like your room." Eldaah said. Alvin punched him on the arm playfully.

"Okay so raise your cups, and let's toast to one of the best summer breaks ever, some of us last year of college, toast to good friends, memories and a fun filled year ahead!"

Everyone clanked their cups against their neighbors and drank whatever was in them.

"What are you thinking about K-boy?" someone asked him. Only one person called Reu that.

"Don't mind me. I was just thinking of how I haven't yet started looking for a job yet." Carrie looked at him and said,

"So wait, you're telling me, the number 1 planner I know has not found an internship for himself. I thought you'd have done that in what middle school. Don't mind me but you are always planned and ready for anything and everything Reu. Honestly you leave me in awe sometimes, but hey don't stress too much about it."

"Mama's not here to whoop your ass because you haven't found a stable job yet. It takes time and serious thought. You have 2 whole years to decide that. So please don't rush and don't sweat it K-boy. You'll wrinkle out that flawless skin of yours I want so badly." She smiled and Reu laughed.

Carrie didn't talk too much. She contributed to conversations occasionally but she always made sure what she said was meaningful. She had wanted to be a lawyer all her life, so she had mastered the art of listening, reasoning and talking assertively.

Carrie and Eldaah were inevitable. Two smart, no, intelligent people who want to make the world better were bound to like each other.

"Thanks Carrie." Reu said and she smiled warmly. "You're welcome. By the way, have you spoken to Chris tonight? She's very nice and I think you'd like her."

"Yeah. She's cool." "Do you see anything happening?" she enquired. "Hell no" he replied as quickly as the question came. "Why not?" she asked.

"She's not my type." Reu felt like Carrie wanted to say more, to ask if this was because of Mija, but she didn't. She remained silent for a while and he was grateful she didn't push it further or ask any more questions.

"What about Alvin and Avani? Do you see them working?" "Alvin doesn't believe in true love." Reu simply said.

"Reu, there is a difference between true love and real love. I don't know if the love I and Eldaah have is true or false, but I know it's real and I know they can have it too."

"He doesn't want love Carrie." "Where I'm from, we have a common saying, 'Those who want, don't get, and those who get, don't want.' If we look at it reversed, it says those that don't want, will get. Even if he doesn't want it, he will get it. He deserves a shot at real love too you know." Carrie said.

Reu let her words sink in. Carrie stood up "I know they'll work out." And then she went away and he was still reflecting on all she had said when a palm met his shoulder.

He looked up to see Eldaah behind him. "We're heading to the house." Reu nodded and stood up from the log.

A/N

So the question for today is who is your dream boyfriend or girlfriend. Describe him or her in the comment section and please do not describe a wattpad boy, I know we all want that but this is reality, just like Carrie said, we can't have all that we want.

Mine is 6 feet tall and super strong😂 brown skin and mad curls for hair. In fact my dream boyfriend is Perez Young. I'm sorry guys. But we all want wattpad boys. Please describe your typical wattpad boyfriend or girlfriend.

Like comment and share.
~lovely day ahead. Diane❤️