Chapter 9: Ice Cream Pact

A/N
This chapter is specially dedicated to BriellaDiamond. Her sequels; Hopelessly Devoted, Hopelessly Falling and Ice Cream Pact have brought me so much smiles, laughs and joy and I am super grateful to her for making me happy and enjoy reading wattpad. The story of Crystal and Ashton is truly incredible and this woman is an exceptional writer. I love her to the moon and back and it would be an honour for her to read my book. I absolutely love you Briella and I hope you don't think this is plagiarizing but it's only an aspect of your work I borrowed which is the love of ice cream in our characters. I love you, your brain children and your creativity.
~Diane❤️❤️❤️

During the last subject of the day, Chris walked into Reu's class and he felt a pang of guild. She sat in the only empty seat in the class, next to him.

He turned his head to her. Her hair was still messy as shit. Long locks of dirty blonde curls flew over her shoulders. She focused her gaze on the teacher in front of them and Reu gathered up the courage to say, "I'm sorry."

Chris turned her head slowly to him. Reu only just noticed that he had never really seen her face up close and in bright, clear lighting.

Her head had been down in the cafeteria and her stupidly large messy hair had covered her face. Dark brown freckles were littered all over her face, making her light skin look almost brownish.

Most of them sat on her pointed nose and cheeks. The most mesmerizing thing about her was her eyes.

Reu never noticed it before. Chris was... Heterochromic. She looked forward again without saying anything.

He remembered how she said she liked ice cream that day on the beach so a random thought popper in his head.

"Would you like ice cream?" He asked in all hope that she would say yes.  She snapped her head towards him and he could tell she was trying to fight back a smile.

"I do this for the love of ice cream. Not you." She says and Reu laughed. At least she forgives him. At the close of school, he walked with Chris down the opposite street to get ice cream.

"What's your favorite flavour?" "Vanilla." She stared at Reu in a way that said 'you cannot be serious.' "What?" He asked.

"You're so plain. Okay what's your favorite ice cream combo?" "Don't even go there. What is with you whites and ice cream combinations. It's nasty!" She gasped and her hands slapped her mouth quickly and dramatically if you asked Reu.

"No! You did not." She said in disbelief. The ice cream vendor servers them their ice cream and she collected the mint and chocolate combination while Reu was given the plain French Vanilla.

She licked the creamy desert as they walked back to school after Reu paid. "Why mint and chocolate?" He asked. "It reminds me of how sharp but sweet life can be." Reu gazed at her eyes.

Her left iris was green and her right, brown. "Okay whatever you say American." "Aren't YOU American?" She asked. "How did you know?" He asked in turn.

"I just did." "Only half American." He finally replied. "Mum or dad?" She asked. "Mama is Korean. " "Awwwn" she squealed.

Reu's puzzled expression must have made her laugh because he really did not know the cause for that gesture. "Why are you laughing." He asked laughing too because this girls laugh is just way too contagious.

"I like how you called her 'Mama'. It's cute." Reu was still confused on why she found it so cute but I let it go. " Promise something?" "Hmm?" He furrowed his brows at her.

"Promise to be good friends go each other?" She held out her ice cream and he wasn't quite sure what she wanted him to do with it but he simply nodded and held his, out.

She started laughing and she hooked their arms around and clanked their cones. This girl was most definitely weird but Reu laughed at it still.

Eldaah was right. She was sweet on the inside. "See you tomorrow Chris." "Bye Reu. Thanks for the ice cream" she send and walked away and Reu smiled back at her. He picked up his phone and saw that his dad had invited them for dinner.

That's great cause he was in no mood to eat outside tonight. He drove to the Frat house, changed and headed back out to his dad's house by 7 o clock.

A/N 2
QOTD: What is your favourite ice cream combination. Mine is coffee and strawberry or coffee and oreos.
Have a splendid day. Like, comment, vote and share.
~Diane💕