Chapter 6: After Party

Song for this part: 'After Party's -Don Toliver

Reu walked pass some people in search of Alvin. If he was wasted, he'd drive them there, if not they'll go either way.

He just needed go get his room ready for school that's about to start. Clean it up and make sure it's not trashed. He locked his door didn't he? He always did.

After walking around the right side of the beach without fruitful results of finding Alvin, Reu decided to go the other way.

He walked back to the bonfire and caught a glimpse of Chris, sitting in front of the fire. A year drops on her cheeks.

"Chris" she snaps her head towards him and the teardrop disappears without her lifting her hand to her face. Maybe it was just the reflection.

"Are you coming for the after party?" He asked her. "I don't know. I'll have to ask Avani if she's actually serious about going or if it was the alcohol talking." "Have you seen Alvin?"

"He's down there with Avani" she points at the opposite direction and Reu looked ahead to see them both laughing and flirting probably.

"I'll come with you. I need to talk to Avani anyway." "Okay." She stood up and escorted him to the two.

"Avani, are you seriously going? You barely know people there." Chris said when they reached them.
"Yes I am and what are you talking about? I know Alvin and Eldaah and Carrie and the boys on the football team."

"Still you're not familiar with them" "Nothing's gonna happen Chris. I know you wanna come too. You're the loud, crazy, I don't give a shit one. You should be dragging me not the other way round."

"Okay fine. But I will not let you drive." "That's fine. I can drive." Alvin suggested.
"And Avani's car?" Chris asked "We'll leave it on the beach, pick it up tomorrow." He replied. "You sure that's safe?" she asked. "No." "Probably" Reu and Alvin said at the same time.

"Oh well then let's go either way." Chris said.
Avani had phoned Chris' parents to let them know they'll be back a little longer than they had planned but they were fine with it as long as Chris was with her.

Alvin drove them all. Reu and Avani sat in the backseat while Alvin and Chris strapped themselves into the front seats. Avani pulled out her phone and surfed through social media.

Seeing this celebrity's tweet and that, one influencers post and all. She's the 'updated' kind of girl. So at Red Hill, if a girl didn't know all the trending of the next second, she was outdated and an outdated is an 'outcast' in Red Hill society. Reu always felt that it was very dumb and unnecessary. It's that kind of stuff that gave birth to fake people.

No one was really themselves at Red Hill but Reu couldn't careless because he was just, well, him. 'Selectively social' Reu. He didn't like talking much, it's just never in his blood and he wasn't one for participation. He would only act if called.

"Why can't you drive in water?" Chris asked popping Reu back into reality. "No Chris" Avani said which sounded more like an order. She looked at Reu, widened her eyes at him and shook her head.

"Forget her. It'll sink Chris." Alvin said. "No. It's because it's called 'dry-ving' for a reason." Chris laughed.

Alvin and Reu also laughed because they got the joke. "How do you come up with these things?" Alvin asked and Chris shrugged. "I's just a part of me." The car ride to the house was silent except the sounds of Chris' constant humming.

They got down and they walked passed masses of drunk teenagers. Reu headed straight for his room and locked it when he got in. His room was pretty much the same way he left him. He dropped his phone on his reading table.