"I'm truly sorry, Father, Uncle"

The next moment the Shinigami pierced the spectral visage of Naruto's soul hanging before him and sent two hands that then pierced through Naruto's real body to first grab Tobirama's chest, and then Naruto's clone to reach Hashirama's own.

Tobirama saw the resolve in his dying son's eyes alongwith deep regret as he looked at him tearfully.

The Second Hokage felt the cold hand of death itself gripping his very soul as it was slowly started to be wrenched from his body. Looking back, he saw the same thing was being done to Hashirama.

"This is the end, isn't it son?" asked Tobirama in a resigned voice, for no matter how hard he tried- the power of the Shinigami made all his efforts fail to save himself.

"Yes for all three of us. We will be sealed in the Reaper's belly to fight an eternal battle against each other, never passing to the Pure Lands. Our souls will never get peace after death...for we are doomed forever" confessed Naruto sadly,

Tobirama sighed and Naruto waited for another string of curses only for his father to look at him with pride and sadness in his eyes.

"I fought and I lost against my own son. There is no shame in that" whispered Tobirama truthfully,

''I didn't want to do this...but if you or Hashirama still lived, there was no hope for my comrades" replied Naruto hesitantly,

Tobirama nodded at the truth and hidden praise even as he saw his soul now nearly halfway outside his body.

"You would have never managed to beat us in your current state. So you called forth the one power no man can ever defeat- Death itself. But the cost, nephew" whispered Hashirama sadly, as the end came near.

"The price of my sins, Uncle. And the sacrifice for a better future" replied Naruto's clone without hesitation this time,

"Then you truly are worthy of being called Naruto-The Great, nephew"

For some reason, Tobirama was content even if it was ending this way. He had tried his best to fight for what he believed in and used every means to win, his son had been the same only he was prepared to go beyond any man had ever imagined.

"I understand if you hate me for this, Father" said Naruto sincerely,

Tobirama looked at the Death God stealing his soul quite eagerly and licking its lips quite savagely before he glanced back at his young son.

"I could never truly stand with you in life...but in death we shall be together. I could live with that"

Naruto sagged in relief upon hearing those words even as pain screamed fiercely from all the wounds he had taken, especially the one to the heart and the cold power of the Shinigami flowing through his own body and soul.

"I hope this future so many fought and died for is better than what we have today" prayed Tobirama,

"It will" promised Naruto,

"Then go on, do your duty"

Tobirama's last words brought forth the final moment as he watched the Shinigami extracting Hashirama's soul first and sealing it inside Naruto's clone before consuming away the combined souls into its belly making the clone vanish in a puff of smoke, and Hashirama's Edo Tensei form to crumble much to angry roars of the Allied forces in the rear.

"Goodbye, Father. You won't be alone long" whispered Naruto sadly,

The last thing Tobirama saw was the sight of his soul being extracted completely and about to follow the same process as his brother when everything went dark for him.