Truce

Gengetsu Hozuki was currently busy reading through an extensive report which if implemented could completely change Kiri's shinobi forces and their doctrine, maybe even change the way the current war was going.

Opposite from him in the office sat Naruto who too was busy going over the sheer number of applications that had started pouring in.

Genin, Chunin, Jounin, Anbu, Hunter Ninjas...almost the entire shinobi forces wanted to join the 501st.

"What do you think?" asked Gengetsu curiously,

"It is strategically unwise to have an entire village's armed forces organized into one legion. Logistically it is impossible as well, but something has changed within our shinobi. Lord Second, previously they were divided by various groups that they served under. Anbu detested Hunters, Hunters detested everyone, regular ninja hated the special forces...but here they are all willing to fight under one banner. Still, I would advise not to concentrate too much power like this" explained Naruto honestly,

"Which is why I see merit in your proposal. If I sanction this, then Kiri's shinobi forces will be divided into 4 legions. The 501st led by you, the 212th led by Mangetsu Hozuki, the 47th legion led by the Anbu Commander and the 99th legion led by Yagura Karatachi. Each legion comprised of nearly 5000 shinobi. Except for the 501st which will only have you, the other legions will have atleast two ninja swordsmen in their ranks. You have similarly distributed the skilled shinobi with the regular ones across legions to maintain balance. The only exceptions being the 501st which shall have the Six Tails Jinchuuriki in its ranks while the Commander of the 99th legion Yagura is the three tails Jinchuuriki" stated Gengetsu seriously,

Naruto nodded as he got up and stepped before the ninja world map placed in the office. Gengetsu narrowed his eyes when he saw Naruto placing the 99th legion to invade the Land of Lightning from the extreme north, the 212th would do the same from the coastal areas in the east, the 501st would link up with Konoha and Uzu forces if an alliance was negotiated...together they would push deeper into enemy territory through the South. The 47th legion would be stationed in the village for its protection should the remaining three legions perish, but could also be used to send aid to trapped legions.

Gengetsu also read through the new sets of armor and weapons for each legion.

"Wouldn't this reduce your own power? I made you General and you have the skills to lead men in battle. Why?" asked Gengetsu seriously, and was surprised when Naruto gave him a faint smile.

"Roots protect the trees"

Gengetsu smiled fully as those words conveyed all that he needed to know. It truly showed the real feelings inside the heart of this shinobi.

"Your parents will be proud of you" praised Gengetsu honestly,

"I don't know about that, Lord Second. I couldn't even protect them, nor could I protect many of my friends and fellow comrades. For a nation to win any battle, the people must be united. I am expendable, my desire is to be the bridge that erases the boundaries between our people. There are greater heroes than me in this village, shinobi who are the future. I shall protect them and support them in carving a new and better future for Kirigakure" explained Naruto, as he placed another scroll before Gengetsu's desk.

The Mizukage raised an eyebrow but did pickup the scroll, his eyes widened when he read the contents of another mission proposed by the officer before him.

An S-Rank mission.

One which Naruto wanted to do alone.

"Naruto, you are probably the best officer I have seen in a long time. More than that you are a good person, but you have a fatal flaw" said Gengetsu seriously, as he placed the scroll back on the table.