sixteen,

novacane.

-

ollie wasn't emotional like her sister.

in all truths, ollie had no reason to be. but for the eldest richards, she couldn't see clearly as a clear sheet of moist were always coating her eyes. every little thing that happened today; ophelia would find a reason to make it sad; claiming after everything that she'd 'miss this family so much'.

as for lance, he did nothing but laugh sometimes at her. almost everyone had ophelia for it; claiming her dramatic while she cursed them for making fun of her in french.

earlier that morning, when ollie, trent and her family were organising themselves for the big day ahead, ollie found herself glancing at trent often. whether it was serectly or doing it while he was aware, a warm blush would heat her cheeks. she didn't know why she felt that way only by looking at him; but it was pulling a string in her head and slowly unraveling her undone. and what certainly didn't help was seeing him get on so well with talia.

ollie's heart would melt by his sweetness; seeing him pull funny faces at her or even showcasing a childish side of himself just to make sure the little girl was entertained. he didn't have to do that, yet he did and ollie noticed she was really fond of it.

when ollie had been taken from him, she was inches away from him in the living room. ollie was stood looking for a cartoon show for talia to watch when ophelia had called out her name, telling her it was time to go. if someone was getting married, of course ophelia would make sure her sister and herself looked their best. ollie pecked talia's forehead and her dad's cheek, telling them she'll see them in a while. and when she was passing by trent, who leant his body against the doorframe, she pressed a kiss on the underside of his jaw and whispered, "i'll see you," and he watched her walk out. he would be lying if he didn't feel his heart rate increase.

the day was going well so far, and they all knew it would only get better.

•••

"woah." a soft voice said from below, and trent panned his eyes from the breathtaking scenario to the toddler squeezing his pinky finger.

"what?" he asked, squinting his eyes to see her properly, the sun did little help for him.

"look." she pointed in the direction of the entrance door, indicating that ollie, accompanied by her mother, were walking through it. theirs arm linked together, ecstatic smiles gracing their faces, bodies clad in dresses and hands scattered with bracelets and rings.

damn. he found himself muttering under his breath.

when talia pulled at his finger harshly, trent covered up his slight wince and bent down to her level.

"mhm?" he mumbled, his hands coming to rest onto her sides. he could notice her excited look, and how she was probably resisting the urge to run right into ollie and luna. "don't run off, please. your mum told me to not let you run." he warned her sternly. "and i honestly don't feel like running after you right now." he mumbled.

"okay." talia nodded, understandingly. "but aren't you seeing them? they look like princesses." talia whimpered, twisting on her own feet. she really wanted to run.

"you look like a princess, too." he pouted, lightly pinching her cheek. trent found himself latching more onto the girl when she blushed and hid her face in his chest, hands securing the little girl tightly. how much he would miss talia when they leave tomorrow.